Where do you meet people to find a date?

I do not drink alcohol. I tried it, beer and wine, and hated it. I never acquired the taste. So, please do not suggest bars and night clubs.

I have never dated before in my life, so where do I begin? And how is a date different from an outing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wherever the social dynamic allows. Parties, class (towards the end of term, don't shit where you eat), wherever you can really.

But for those who have never dated, relax. A s/o is not mandatory. In all honesty, having a boy/girlfriend isn't a necessity. If you really want one, go to a bar, but order a non-alcoholic drink. Otherwise, pubs are good because they allow good conversation.

I'd advise taking your time. Don't let yourself get hurt. Good luck :)

• *sigh* If I don't find a significant other, then I'd just have to adopt a child as a single mother.

• My father had his first sip of alcohol in college. He hated it. He thought the shininess of the wine meant it would taste good. Nope. He usually drank plain old tap water thereafter.

In America, minors under 21 years of age cannot possess alcohol legally. The bartender literally checks your ID for proof of age. So, I waited until I was 21 to drink. I tried beer at the college bar. It tasted horrible. I sampled wines at the supermarket. They all tasted bad. The stronger the alcohol, the more it burned. The fizzier the alcohol, the more it really burned.

• Again, fair enough. My family was diplomatic, so I got used to the different types of beer and wine from around the age of 13-14. Usually a sip of wine paired with a cheese or a beer paired with a certain type of local snack. Nothing too special. By the time I was legally allowed to drink, I had already gained my "go-to" drink for social events. I don't drink when I'm alone though in all fairness.

If you're willing to give it another try, I would highly recommend either Jupiler (Belgian) or Grolsch (Dutch) as your pilsners, Kriek (Belgian cherry-beer, my girlfriend LOVES it) or my personal favorite, Erdinger Hefeweiße (German wheat beer, not as bubbly, more "full"). As far as white wines go, I started by drinking chilled moscato, there are many in the states, several which use other fruits as well as the moscat grape. For reds, I'm still getting used to them myself, so I can't offer any real advice. Either way, these are just my opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can try Tinder or site like that. I've had friends find their boyfriends off those things. Of course, dating off of an app may seem risky, but that's where a lot of people are at now. If you have a fear of someone being a possible threat, make a date somewhere local and popular, so you can feel safe. If bars and stuff aren't your thing, i'm assuming parties may not be either, so honestly, give Tinder a go. It's not embarrassing or anything, almost everyone i know has one and they all have a lot of fun! They actually meet people and have a good time and like i said, some have even met their current boyfriends on it.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't drink either. I find that the best thing to do is to put yourself into a position where you can meet new people. For example, I'm at uni and I'm currently dating a girl that I met at the library. I'm in a rowing club and there are a lot of female members who I like to talk too.

• Lookup group meetups in your area catered to topics you are personally interested in, and find people in those places.

OH AND IF SOMEONE SAYS DARK BACK ALLEY IN A GHETTO, DON'T DO IT. DON'T FUCKING DO IT.
    DON'T BE A PROFESSIONAL VICTIM POSTING SELFIES HOLDING A PIECE OF PAPER WITH FEMINIST SHIT WRITTEN ON IT AFTER NOT TAKING MY COMMON SENSE ADVICE. If you have to, bring a taco. Tacos are great self defense weapons! Especially hard shell tacos!

• Work, but I've given up.

• what about school or the mall or the movies?

• social activities or join any communities that make u meet new people

• Anywhere where you meet new people. Ironically enough libraries are like a stomping ground for people to meet. Strange but true.

I mean, not to be the one to point that out but... You ever given those little apps on the phone a try? If nothing else they're fun for an ego boost.

What Girls Said 2

• When I use to date I would get asked out a lot in the library or after class. Are you more shy or out going? Do you have friends who will set you up?

A date is more personal than an outing. the person is trying to get to know you more deeply than they would on a friendship level. On our second date, my future husband asked me if I wanted to get married and have kids lol.

• school, work, hobbies, through friends, social groups, on the street, etc.

dates differ from outings since you're figuring out if they're compatible with you for a romantic relationship