Long distance relationship, yes or no?

Hello :)

Recently just started dating someone who lives around 300 or so miles away. Things are going good, we speak on the phone and message each other a lot etc.

Things are good, we always speak about how we are looking forward to see each othet etc, have 2 hour conversations on phone etc. Starting to now develop some feelings for this girl and because its long distance not sure it could work in the long run?

We got introduced through a friend of ours and then she came to a party and met all my othet friends etc. One thing that gets to me already is that I see her comment on my friends status she looking forward to catching up with him etc, but she never writes on a status of mine. Not that I write many but it kinda feels like she doesn't want us to be public or anything... probably a bit weird and me overacting tbh.

Just dont want to get hurt, and were all going on a trip this weekend me and her and all my friends, dreading it a little bit in case she shys away from me. Totally the opposite of what she says in messages though, I just think im over reacting maybe but with the distance and me not just being able to see her when I want sucks :(

Hello just a quick update... :)

Well we went on our trip at the weekend and it was a great trip but we hardly spoke all weekend and on the Friday I decided to pull back and not bother as wasn't wasting my energy on this :(

Weird development though, ended up sleeping with a good friend on the trip, good idea or not? We have always got on well and sort of liked each other for a long time and it was absolutely amazing too! Had a great weekend with my friend instead in the end.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to not believe in long distance relationships. After all, a long distance relationship takes away the physical side of it, mostly.

However, now that I have a tiny bit of experience with it, I suppose I'll just tell you about me and you can decide.

My boyfriend and I started off 15 miles away from each other when we met. Normal. We saw each other often. Then, he moved and was about an hour drive away (don't remember the milage) and it was fine, we saw each other about twice a month, few days each visit. And then he moved even further, and now he's about 150 miles away, roughly 3 hour drive. We see each other about once a month, few days each visit. But our relationship is already tightly knit. We are close and strong enough. And in a few months, we're planning on moving in together. All is well. I just miss being able to touch him and see him, but we text daily and we talk on the phone weekly, and we always look forward to out next visit, and knowing we'll be moving in together soon keeps us going fine.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends... but meeting in person tends to show a lot more. So if there's no possibility of that happening, no need investing your emotions mate. Just keep it friendly.

• Well il be seeing her this weekend and she has said she is looking forward to seeing me etc, I think im probably just being a weirdo with it all tbh overthinking lol!

On Sunday she invited me up to hers end of January to stay for the weekend and have a day out etc. So the opportunities are there, I just find it weird how its kind of like she doesn't want anything public about it, I don't know

• Cheers bud may private message u :)

• i'll reply... whatever helps you read between lines...

What Girls Said 6

• Long distance relationships are certainly difficult. I'm in one now so I can relate and understand where you're coming from. It's important to have good communication skills though and don't let little things get to you. Just because she makes a comment one one guy's status on social media doesn't mean anything. But if something does really bother you, don't be afraid to speak up and tell her. That's something I struggle with a lot but I've been working on it. You shouldn't bottle those emotions inside, it will only cause tension in the relationship.

Do you have any plans for long-term? With long-distance relationships, ultimately, one of you should have plans to move closer to the other at some point down the road. It can't stay long-distance forever. Perhaps that's something you two should talk about as well. As for this weekend, it should be fun! Hang out with her and your friends. You're in a relationship so I'm not sure why she would "shy away" from you.

• Long distance is so complicated. But from my experience it's usually the pining aspect of the relationship that makes it seem so "worth it". Often times it's just some fun when you get to see eachother and someone to talk to.

• ldrs never work out unless she lives local

• yes I believe it can work

• Personally they can work but it's rare they do. Long- distance relationships tend to cause trust issues and insecurities. When you fall in love online you are only in love with an illusion , because you can't really know someone until you meet them and get to know them in person, in different settings.

For a long- distance relationship to work there needs to be a lot of effort put in and sacrifices made from both people. In most cases when two people do meet their illusion of each other is shattered because they discover they weren't the person who they initially thought they were. In the sense that they see different sides to the other persons personally that they couldn't see online

• It really sucks

• Yeah I mean I've had a sort of long distance before but that was just nothing really and didn't last long. Feel like I've clicked really well this person and suppose u can't choose who u click with

• Yeah

What Guys Said 1

• u burn with passion and expectations. its risky and you ahve to give up a lot