Uh... I don't even know what is going on?

So basically, there is a girl that I know and have been friends with for a few months. My friends and family have pressured me about her before and I've blown it off. Well just within the past few weeks, she texted me out of the blue (I'll give her this, it took guts) and asked if I liked her. She is very nice and sweet and we both have the same religious aspects which is something big for me. We even have quite a few of the same interests, but I am just not looking for a dating relationship. Anyways, we both confessed to "liking" each other in a dating aspect, but we haven't talked about it since. I don't know what to do at this point. When I think of dating, I guess I have an older concept about it. I think of it as a commitment to another person and to who they are and respecting them. I believe the main purpose of dating is to show the other person that you see them as marriage potential. Maybe I take it too seriously, but I have always been someone who doesn't enjoy hurting others. I'd rather take heartbreaks or emotional stress/getting blown off than hurting anyone else. The commitment that i mentioned earlier means being there for that person whenever they need your help. And to be honest with you, I am perfectly happy remaining single for now. I am about to be out of high school, I've never had a girlfriend, and at this point and time I am content without one. Regardless, I am just confused on what I should do here... am I stuck? Should I "be a man" and tell this girl what is up? Have I already screwed up and should just keep going to avoid conflict? I don't know... maybe I just needed to have this voiced out. I feel like I've been peer-pressured into this. Any advice/criticism for my stupidity?

I agree with everyone's answers, but I have to choose one in order to close the question. Thank you for all of your opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude. My advice (which is probably not that great) is to tell her how you feel about the situation. Tell her that you want to remain friends and if things are still going great for you two in a couple of years you can then try taking it further. If she really cares she will understand and go along with it. If she doesn't then you know its not worth it and it is better to just completely stay as friends

• Thanks for your input! I'm just trying to get a majority opinion on this because I am kind of confused.

• I understand that. Going through a bit of a confusing point myself at the moment but anyway all the best of luck man hope you make the right decision

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I mean, if I knew a girl liked me and I liked her, I would play the lottery because I just got some fuckin luck.

But if you don't want a girlfriend, you can do whatever you want. I'm just telling you that you have an opportunity many guys can only dream of.

• Yeah I know that. That is one option I am considering. Just sticking with it and see what happens. Thanks for your input!

• Looking for a relationship is like looking for the noose... women are constantly being mentally violent. Stay safe

• Can you explain a little better? I'm not looking for a relationship, so are you saying that this girl is trying to hang me? xD Apologies if I didn't get something so simple.