Would you date someone with no life goals?

As in if they are not going to school or working a full time job? Could you date someone in their early 20's who just work a minimum wage job? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm still a student so I'm not financially stable yet but hypothetically if I was and alimony was outlawed then I would date a girl who makes zero dollars. But like I said only if alimony didn't exist so that there was zero risk of her being entitled to my money if we were to break up.

If the girl is beautiful, pleasant, and fun to hang out with/talk to then I really don't care how much money she has.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• I would. Just because they're not going to school or working doesn't mean that they can start going to school or looking for a new job. And it's pretty shallow to not date someone who works a minimum wage job because more than like they're working their butt off and barely getting by. I'm sure if he/she could find a better job they would work that.

• good lord no. i mean i have no job now and i'm looking so i can't really speak in that regard, but i also graduated college with a 3.0+ gpa (idk what i finished with).

• Probably not

,,,,

• Their job doesn't matter to me, it's their dreams that I care about, as long as they are chasing it.

I couldn't date someone who has not found purpose, it would go against my objectives.

• I would if I thought she would be the type to stick around. I believe that people who arnt going to school or haveing a ful time job are living a temporary lifestyle which could change if something sood happens (get a good job, opportunities etc) but that is me at this stage in my life I'm tired of breakups.

• that´s not a specific thing i look for. i think it´d be better if she had goals or somehting but i wouldn´t consider not dating just because of this.

• Bad idea. They're bound to become a liability to everyone including themselves sooner or later. See, you just can't make stuff like that work.

• Maybe I can help her find that goal? I don't know... but sure

• She has to have some sort of ambition. I appreciate the love of doing nothing but she's gotta at least try.

• people who will do not understand they will become their monhtly bill and their debts will become theirs

• I probably would not.

• no, they aren't going anywhere, simple as that

• Most certainly not!

• nope. i may be disabled but i plan to do something. no one wants to date a " loser "

• THE BIGGER QUESTION IS: WOULD YOU SKEET ON A NEET?

• No.

But I didn't date a girl for this reason.

She was not going to school, had no plans to go to school, and just wanted to work at her job.

It's different if she doesn't know right now, or is traveling, figuring stuff out or whatever.

I just found this lazy and irresponsible.

Seems like she didn't care about bettering herself, learning new things or would be a productive partner in life.

• yes I would. not everyone finds their passion early on. they might find their calling a little later in life.

• So I can pay for everything for her?

No, fuck that. Guys are getting beyond the stupid idea of supporting women. Get your own fucking job and pay for your own fucking bills.

What Girls Said 4

• Most likely no... there would be a big gap in career that I don't think I would be comfortable with (I'm about to become a doctor). But I have seen men who are exceptions. My friend's husband is a full time stay at home dad and is amazing at taking care of the house and kids. Cooks very very well, fixes up and changes the house all the time, playful parent, extremely hospitable, etc etc. Someone like that? Yea maybe!

• I probably wouldn't, I would befriend them tho and try to help them as much as I could, but I myself am in tough spot so I'm just tryna figure shit out and straighten things up in my life so dating someone just as confused and clueless as me wouldn't be too good.

• Nope. Nope nope. As someone who dreams all day long, nope, I can't date someone like that

• If they have no ambition I wouldn't want to date them