Guys, What would you do if you found out your girlfriend cuts herself?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated a girl that cut herself. I found by grabbing her wrist one time and she pulled away in a bit of pain. I remember being upset and trying to get her attention and when I found out she cut herself, I literally let go of my problems on the spot and talked to her about her problems. Just because they cut themselves, doesn't mean they're not dating material. I learned that a lot of people who cut themselves usually are ignored or don't have anyone to talk to about thei problems. I would still be with her if our personalities clicked but unfortunately, we did not click very well.

What Guys Said 12

• I'd want to help her find a way to deal with her issues without hurting herself like that. I'd try to understand and want to be there to support her but it isn't something I'd just support blindly to ignore.

• Tell her parents or authorities

• I would give her two choices. 1 go with me to see a psychiatrist or 2 we are done.

• You know its really hard to talk about that kind of stuff I went two years without telling a soul about me being depressed and they still don't know u hurt myself because my parents still ignore me

• Thank you

• You are most welcome

• I'd leave her lol

• i'd give her a bullet to bite.

• Tell her parents.

Likely break up with her. That's a huge red flag as far as mental health is concerned. I don't want to be hanging around some girl who might flip out and call the cops saying I raped her or something.

• Find someone who is more stable.

• I would be there for her and help her get through with this

• I'm not sure my girlfriend used to, but I dunno what I'd do if she did, but I would try everything to make her feel better, and if that didn't work we'd go to a Pshychiatrist

• Depends, there's a lot of nuance in that situation.

• Lots of what?

• It means that situation could go a lot of different ways so i couldn't give a general answer.

• I'm out the door. Not my place to get involved.

• dump her dumbass. i hate attention whores.

• Sweetheart I used to dig my nails into my skin until I bled and I didn't dare tell a soul because I didn't want the attention I was in pain I didn't tell anyone for two year that I was depressed and telling someone was the hardest thing I've ever done so don't you dare go there... Sorry if I sound like a bitch