Do you think a guy and girl can be close friends without falling for each other?

My guy friend and I have become really close. I feel like he's the male version of me in some ways. We have the same music taste and sense of humor. We hang out all the time, and we've had platonic sleepovers where we just talk or study and hang out. We talk to eachother about our relationships and past hook ups and stuff like that too. Like there's a definite level of trust and comfort (at least for me, can't speak for him)

Anyway, I know deep down I think I'll always like him a little bit. I need to suppress my feelings though because he doesn't see me as more than a friend. We became friends over this past school semester, but it feels like I have known him for a long time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure. I've had several female best friends over the years and never fallen in love with any of them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I think it's possible, I have a guy friend who I have 0 feelings for

What Guys Said 3

• Doubtful. Granted, I haven't had a lot of close girl friends, but the ones I have been close friends with, I fell for.

• I've only fallen in love with one of my female best friends, the other 2 I only view them as my sister

• yes they can but it will be very difficult if one of you is attracted to the other.

What Girls Said 0