Why won't boys approach me, instead they just stare?

I'm 18 and I have never had a boyfriend. Please DONT CALL ME CONCIETED IM NOT! But people always stop me on the streets and tell me how I'm so pretty and things and people always ask my mom why I haven't got a boyfriend yet and telling her to watch out for me.. But the problem is I haven't had any boys openly show interest or tell me they like me or even show signs. :( I'm so sad about this now, nearly all of my friends have boyfriends/are talking to boys/have people liking them meanwhile I'm just there and I feel stupid. I'm not sure what to do anymore it really upsets me

Most Helpful Guy

• I really think that both men ans woman's dating standard has gone up way too high. On one hand men can go to the internet and get to see perfect 10's when ever they want, which causes us to be like; you OK but not enough for me. And women double standards are crazy now a days, anything we do you will use against us; sometimes even not give us a chance at all. .. I think people forgot how to let our hearts help in the process, not to say just go blindly; but it's better to have experienced than nothing at all... I do get nervous a little when I approach a girl I like, but they just stop talking to me when they find out I don't have a lot of money..

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you girl. I'm right there with ya. I was always the one who had to initiate unless a guy just wanted one thing from me. I know people say that girls like us should initiate but the question is, why don't guys initiate anything with us? If they do it with other girls why not us? I got you.

• Exactly my problem!! Also the fear of rejection is the worst 😞

• It is, I get that both guys and girls have this fear but still.

What Guys Said 13

• Guys have a lot of things to worry about that girls don't realize. For example rejection, being made fun of for trying, she having a boyfriend and he has to deal with an overly jealous boyfriend that now wants to beat him up, etc

By the way you write I think that boys assume you already have a boyfriend or feel they are out of your league. It helps if you give them (NOT so subtle) signs that you have no boyfriend and are interested. Or better yet, just tell him.

• Here's a truth from my grandmother: "Romance happens when the guys notice that the girls notice that the guys notice" If the guys aren't getting "go" signals from you then they won't approach you simple as that. If a cute buy is checking you out, then look at him and smile. Give him a chance to know that you are approachable, if not he'll just keep going because he doesn't want to come off as a creep.

• If guys don't come to you, approach you and ask you out then maybe you should initiate.

• Sounds like you are hanging around people that are just as young and insecure as you. Guys are shy - they dont want rejection - maybe even intimidated by you.

just relax and let things like conversation happen - eye contact - it flows from there sweetie

• Just go up and introduce your self and see where it goes. But make sure he's single.

• I've avoided approaching girls I like mainly because I'm introverted and shy. Maybe your looks intimidate guys or make them think you're gonna reject them cause you're outta their league?

• The fear of rejection :(

• it's a shame you don't go to my school

• That's so strange! Have you tried approaching boys? + I'm sure the right ones waiting!

• Where you from guuuuuuurrrlllllll

• Well you can't just sit there and do nothing and expect a boyfriend.

• Dont sweet it. Being single is sometimes awesome. I have had girlfriends before and got hurt and dealt with liars. So at 18 amd not having a boyfriend could be a good thing in a way. You haven't had any heartbreak. But if your looking I am sure you will find someone soon :) maybe we're you least expect it.

• Don't put pressure on yourself to have a boyfriend. You won't find the right guy if you do. Pressure free. That's what you want.

Anyway... there are plenty of reasons why, none of which are your fault. Just keep putting yourself out there, don't be afraid to approach guys you like, be open and inviting to be approached.

What Girls Said 3

• I know how you feel my mom had friends that had sons who where my age and very attractive yet there moms use to tell my mom "my son would never be enough for you daughter bc she seems to come from a well family" it's funny bc I am humble and our family doesn't have a lot of money either they think bc we dress well and change outfits 2times a day means we are rich lol it's just how I was raised And I always catch guys stare at me make eye contact yet they don't talk to you and they are so hot :( lol I think they feel intimidated by you of your really pretty you probably leave them speechless and yes I mean it bc I've known some guys and they just talk too little and get red lol I don't know why :( either ways I hope you find someone bc for sure you will also a good tip is for you to start the convo first like maybe something like hey how's your day going :) or hi I'm ____ how are you lol

• Why don't you try approaching them? Boyfriends don't just come falling out of the sky, you need to make it happen. Find a guy you like, and ask him out.

• They are smoking cracks