Does anyone else think that the whole "pickup artist" industry is just a scam to lure desperate young men?

There are so many "gurus" out there who claim to know the secret to picking up women, and guys are obviously buying their advice. I've never bought any of their books, but I've looked through them, and even tried some of these techniques. To me, its just never as easy as they claim to be, and a good part of being able to "score" is simply being at the right place at the right time.

Most Helpful Girl

• It works! I insulted a guy and now he's all over me!

Most Helpful Guy

• PUA IS a scam for desperate chumps who want to use mind games and manipulation to get their dick wet. Their only defense is, "Modern women are evil! It's okay to use them!".

Men with honor and decency do not use little tricks to sleep with random women in ruin them. Instead they pursue their goals in life, find a decent woman who appreciates his accomplishments and efforts, and form a symbiotic relationship between himself and his woman for life. It's a shame how we as men went from a life dedicated to always finding a taller mountain to climb and bringing up families that would improve the world to paying scam artists to have sex and satisfy temporary urges at the expensive of a woman's heart.

• Not sure about this. Never heard any of them justify their behavior by calling women evil. Does satisfying temporary urges always come at the expense of a womans heart? I dont think so.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• I don't know that I'd call it a scam. I mean, on some level the whole "behave boldly and don't take rejection personally" is good advice. The place that they take it to, though, I don't believe in that.

I mean, isn't there some psychic cost in pretending to be someone you're not simply so you can sleep with women who, frankly, probably aren't all that desirable in the first place? In other words, if it takes PUA bull shit to land a certain girl, don't you have to wonder -- do I really want her?

• I think a lot of those youtube pickup artists are scammers and totally sexist. They pretty much teach guys to be way too aggressive with women and I think it's a mistake.

• This is a rule of the Internet "Tribute... since my memory is crap" if its not worth stealing "Torr3nting" it's not worth your time

• No... Those techniques work.

They're manipulative as fuck, and it'll change you into someone you probably wouldn't want to be, but they do increase your chances at getting laid.

• You wanna pick up chicks, Be tall jacked athletic.

Works for me bahahahahaha

• Na, you think? you can make quick money off of peoples insecurities. "Too fat? To thin? Acne all over your face? Buy our crap and people will love you!"

• There are a few places where decent or really good advice is given. However, most of it is rubbish, and even the good websites have some flaws... so I won't link to them.