Do you change your dressing style according to the person you are dating?

Now of course you choose your outfit for the date based on what you are going to be doing... But my question is with regard to choosing it based on the person you are going out with. O you choose something that you think he/she is more likely to like? Or do you change it to suit his/her style of dressing?

I think I do. I don't go out and buy something new, but I choose an outfit from my wardrobe that I think would go with what he is likely to wear. Like right now, I am dating a 42 year old professor type. So I go with elegant dresses, more mature, not too revealing.

Hope there is no misunderstanding. I am not changing my style, or wearing something out of character for me. These clothes are in my wardrobe. I'm only highlighting a particular side of me that would make us look more suited when we stand next to each other.

Being petite, I tend to look very young (often get mistaken for a 16 yr old,) so I dress in something that makes me closer to my age when I date an older man. I also wear heels on most dates when with someone much taller.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion you dress for your comfort and mood on that day. Once I had a date with a pretty girl, she was wearing a beautiful dress and heels. I had a feeling that the dress doesn't fit her well.. I didn't mention anything, but i complemented her... But still she was not very comfortable, all the time she was trying to check whether the dress is alright.

We didn't feel a romantic connection; but we continued as friends, once i asked her why she was nervous on our first date. Her answer was closer to what you mentioned. Since I'm taller, she wanted to wear heels on that day. And her favorite dress for heels was a little tight (later she told thanks to her fast food addiction). So she he wore her favorite dress and later started feeling uncomfortable.

It's just an experience. what i meant to say that - go for the dress suiting your mood...

• Interesting story. Yeah I would never wear something I was not comfortable in, especially on a date, where I want to feel confident.

I wore flats on my first date with this guy who is like a whole foot taller than me. But on my second date I decided to wear heels, cos I had started to like him, and wanted to feel more comfortable while standing next to him. I dance in heels so I am very comfortable in them. In fact at one point during our date, we ended up running through the rain while I was in them... ha ha...

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's changing yourself.

It is just adapting to the situations.

As you mentioned "42 year old professor type", means surely a classy outfit would suit there more in this situation.

Even if you dress mature your face and body structure would still make you appear younger.

• Finally someone who understands...

• I mean he wouldn't tell you what you should dress when you are partying with your friends or in a picnic with family, so why be emotional about it and put the flags of "I ain't changing myself". You aren't.

• Thank you for the MHO :)

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• Not at all. I don't morph to my partner

• You just dress for yourself, and your date is endeared by you. The outfit is merely the icing on the cake

• I typically stick to my own style. It's comfortable, looks good on me and I like it.

• I always dress like if I am going out 2night

• 42? And you're 31. Yikes, anyway, no, I'm not likely to change my style, if i even have any, i mean after all what is "style", ya know? I shouldn't have to change my style, she should like me for me, not what she thinks I should wear

What Girls Said 5

• No, I dress in my usual style.

If I dated a older man , I wouldn't dress more mature.
    Older men admire youth so I'd continue to dress the way I usually do.
    I figure that's one of the things they like about me , so why change it?

• What if his online dating profile shows a preference for a lady older than you?

I am really petite. So if I dress young (and I have that in my wardrobe,) I can look as young as 16! I often get mistaken for it. I don't want him to feel like I am young enough to be his Daughter and freak him out.

• lol hell no. i love my style and so do most people. ain't changing it for anyone but myself.

• I am not changing my style. I already have these in my wardrobe. They are my style. Just highlighting a particular look on me, that might make us look better and more suited when we stand next to each other. It's like wearing heals when you go out with a guy much taller than you... I wear flats sometimes, but at dinners and stuff, I wear heels as much as possible.

• Absolutely not.

I always dress in what I personally feel most comfortable in. If I didn't, I'd be lying to myself and the other person.

I don't want to set up a precedent and then be in a position with things being expected of me that are out of my character and comfort zone.

I want them to know my true self and that means dressing and acting like myself.

• I agree, one should always be oneself when on a date. I mentioned in my update, I never dress out of character, these are already in my wardrobe... I have different looks and I choose the one that I think this guy would like more, or make us look more suited when we stand next to each other. In a way it is out of consideration for him, cos I want us both to feel comfortable.

• I saw your update, but my point still stands.

I have a wardrobe of various things, but I'm not gonna dress to "make him feel comfortable" because if he chose to date me, he knew who he was getting with, therefore whatever I wear should be fine by him.

I dress up for events and occasions, not people.

• I change my style a lot but according to my mood and want I want to do (aka seduce).
    but I don t change it to suit the guy I am with.

• I'm not changing anything for anyone ✋🏻😊😊😊