Over time have you become more or less picky about who you want to date?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Overtime, I've narrowed down a bit more as far as what i want, won't tolerate as well as what i thought used to be important is no longer.

So I'd say I am more narrowed in what i want letting go of some wants while intensifying others.

• That is good that you narrowed it down.

• Thanks, i just re-read my answer... can i English any worse?

But i think you get the picture.

• Lol I get the picture. And the way you wrote it was good I understood it.

What Girls Said 7

• Not so much "Picky," but More or less "Pricky" as to the way He Might treat me with the things he Does and.. Says. This is the Dealbreaker if I end up A... Heart breaker.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you for the upvote.. I am still nice and coolie.

• I don't think the term "picky" is appropriate for this.

Picky is when you HAVE to make a choice. Its a necessity, and it isn't imperative that you make the best possible choice.
    You can be a picky eater. You can be picky about the kind of blankets you buy. You can be picky about toothpaste, carpeting, shampoos.

But not the person you date. Not the person you marry.

You date someone because you like them and are interested in them. Usually marriage is the end goal. If something is based off your interest alone how can you be picky? You don't brush your teeth because you absolutely adore doing it. You don't use a blanket bc it brings you joy. You do those things for practical reasons.

Obviously if someone goes so far as to have a very specific physical standard a potential bf/gf needs to meet and they have a lengthy checklist that has to be met in entirety they're just being ridiculous, but picky still isn't the word. Shallow maybe. Unrealistic. Picky no.

• No I'm not "picky." I just won't date someone I have no interest in. I'm not the one with the checklist either tho

• That is good that you don't have a checklist.

• I've always been picky. I guess that explains why i've only been in two relationships. The were both long term though.

I'm not superficially picky though. I don't care about which job someone does, what car they have, if they have money or if they're really attractive. I have to connect with someone on a deeper level.

• That is good. They both sound like they were worth it because they were long term and not short term. That is good their was a connection.

• I haven't! I just like what I like!

• More picky! I will never lower my standards!

• I'm not sure. I guess I'm just as picky but I definitely look for different things now.

• About the same. One of the only real differences is I used to meet more people just hanging out, so I'd have crushes. Now, since I work with mostly women and hangout mostly with family, dating seems more formal.

What Guys Said 6

• I am more selective because I am not just looking for a sexual partner; I want much more than that.

• My physical standards have always been high, my personality started really high but then dropped down pretty low, but recently (~1-2 years) it has gone back up. I know why, but it'd be a couple paragraphs to explain, so I'll just skip that for now.

• Less picky about looks
    More picky about personality

• I know more about what I want now

• more picky and good i did hopefully the next will stick

• I haven't became anymore or less picky it's just what I'm picky about has changed. I'm still picky about looks but now it's more about how a person carries them self rather than whether or not they could be a model. I care about personalities but now I pay more attention to things like how conscientious they are instead of whether or not they party and stuff like that.