How is it that ugly girls get boyfriends?

I don't get it. If guys are such visual creatures how do ugly girls get a boyfriend/husband? And sorry if I offend but I believe I'm being fair when I say these girls are ugly (as I am when I say that there are many really pretty girls). While I know looks aren't everything and personality counts for more, how did these guys get past the visual thing in the first place to develop a meaningful connection?

What do these guys see? Is love truly blind for these guys?

There may not be an answer for this but i'd really like to know if it's possible for a guy to think a girl is really attractive even when she is obviously not? So does the adage "One's man meat is another's poison" apply here?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because beauty is completely subjective, what may be "ugly" to you could very well be beautiful to others. Everyone has different taste and preferences. If a person could be considered to be objectively ugly that is still no reason to think they can't ever find love they may just need to look in other places.

• Thanks! That's helpful tho it's a difficult concept for me to grasp because it's so difficult for me to see the beauty in them.

• You're probably right! I think most of us just can't see past our "huge imperfections" to notice the big picture whereas most people don't notice the small details.

• What you call a huge imperfections could be what others see as a cute little quirk.

What Guys Said 12

• The one point nobody mentioned..
    You that thing in bed you wouldn't do?
    That "ugly" girl does it without being asked, while keeping eye contact, and begs for it

• (1.) Your ugly might be my beautiful and vise versa.
    (2.) All beauty fades eventually. There's really only a handful of women in the planet that age well. So what she looks like now won't matter much in 10 years.
    (3.) Women are worth more than just their looks.

• Even if this girl just looks really bad? For example if her face looks squashed etc? It's difficult for me to see any beauty so I cannot see how anyone can see it.

• Yeah forgot that one. (2.) Some of them gain weight and like you say age OR perhaps both.

-I dont know about 10 years though. I mean from your age of 19. Some of my female friends look the same now at 33, but hey, that's what happens when you take care of yourself.

• ``` So does the adage "One's man meat is another's poison"```

Yeah, that seems reasonable. Love isn't blind, you just need to find them attractive, heh.

• That's true... I'm just amazed that someone with 'thinning hair, bulging eyes' for example, can ever be considered attractive that's all. And that normal plain janes sometimes just can't get boyfriends.

• #1, the girls who are ugly to you are not ugly to me
    #2 Some guys like women who are plus sized with big bootys, lol
    #3 Those pretty girls have dated soo much, that they are tired of it and are still single waiting for Mr Wrong.

• Women are far more critical of women's appearence than men are.
    Maybe men don't want to be with someone who can get anyone she wants at the drop of a hat and knows it.

• probably because they aren't shallow and ugly inside

• I have no idea. I see these girls who are just disguising, let their bodies go, and are really shitty people talk about relationships like they just come and go.
    Maybe these guys have no standards and just want easy sex.

• By having nice personality

• Some of the answers you have gotten so far are right about the man seeing her as attractive even if you don't. However there is another common reason. Ugly women are often with guys that have a low self esteem. Guys generally don't have as many options in dating as women. A lot of those guys feel like they have to settle for any woman that will accept him, or to remain alone.

If the guy is too shy to approach or can't go through the pain of rejection anymore, then they often wait for a woman to approach him. Sometimes years can go by without a single woman approaching him depending on how attractive he is. When a woman finally does approach him, he often feels this is his only chance to not be alone anymore. I have seen this happen to several guys, even when the ugly woman also had a shitty personality as well.

• Beauty is in the eye of the... Fuck that, here's the truth.

1. He has low self-esteem
    2. He sucks at dating
    3. He's awesome at dating but got sick of attractive, snotty bitches
    4. She's pregnant and he has old-fashioned honor
    5. She's a practice chic
    6. She was all that was available at the time, and he got comfortable
    7. He was fat/ugly then improved himself, but hasn't broken up yet
    8. She was a friend or fuck buddy who got lucky because he's lazy

There's more, but that should give you an idea of it.

• It's more common to see ugly girls with boyfriends than it is to see ugly guys with girlfriends unless they're on the same level.

• I wouldn't even date Megan fox

What Girls Said 7

• Probably by being friends with the guy beforehand or just having a really good personality or both! :)

• because it more about whats inside and chemistry than anything else!

• by being less bitter and nasty than you :p

• @Omar5881 hahaha lol ^^

• Oh come on. I'm genuinely confused. Guys I know have in no uncertain terms told me that if the girl doesn't look good, it is very difficult for guys to date her because they never see past the friend zone for them.

So if you could pls, provide a proper meaningful answer. Thanks.

• Because Having boyfriend is not related with being ugly or not.

• Why is it not related? Guys are visual creatures. That's true isn't it? So if you're ugly, it would be definitely difficult to have a boyfriend.

• You may think they're ugly but those guys dating those girls do not, beauty is subjective.

• There are many reasons. Maybe they find these girls to be attractive. Our taste could be different from others. Secondly, there are some guys who have low self-esteem/insecurity and prefer to date unattractive girls to feel superior so he can dominate her. Also, they don't have to worry about competing with other guys.

• Because they have a different opinion on what's ugly than you maybe.