A guy on a dating site just sent his first message with "Hiiiii", and nothing else. Little excitement? Worth replying?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, he sounds boring. A guy should try a little harder than just saying hi.

• That's how I feel, he could've at least thrown in an emoji. Makes me feel like he's just sending me a message out of boredom.

• I bet he has sent the same boring message to hundreds of girls! When a reads your profile and mentions something from it in his message to you, you'll know that he's genuinely interested in you.

• I meant to say 'when he reads...' lol.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• If you're interested, you can send a message back, see how he responds. Guys get so few replies on dating sites that many of them stop trying to send very personalized first messages.
    If he's still lackluster in his second message though, I'd say break it off.

• Yeah, I just feel like he lacks the interest to get to know me

• He might, or he might just think you won't respond. It's hard to tell from the first message sometimes--but at least he didn't say "hey sexy" as his first words to you. It's up to you!

• Yeah why not?

• I don't see why not replying and seeing how it goes.

• It seems to me like he's not excited to get to know me, seems boring

• Oh, that's always fun :/

• I wouldn't reply to that but I don't reply to 90% of my messages so..

• yes, we have had guys asking how to get a response on those