How do you turn someone down?

I'm 14, and a lot of guys have been asking me out recently but I am just not ready to be dating people.

So how do I turn them down without being really mean?

I have tried telling them that I'm just not ready, but they always seem to take that personally...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• just be honest,. if they dont trust you there's nothing you can do, and frankly, its not your problem. if you're not being mean then move done your part. beyond you being kind and not intentionally causing harm, their emotional well being is not your problem.

• its actually manipulative of them to get insulted. you're not obligated to be interested in dating. doesn't really matter how they take it.

What Guys Said 1

• There isn't a magical way to turn someone down that won't sting them. It's always gonna suck

What Girls Said 3

• Just say that your parents say you can't date yet.

• You just say no, you're not my type.

I always use "my parents don't let me date, sorry" which is true but it wouldn't stop me lol

• Just tell them to fuck off