Which qualities in a guy can make up for him being short?

Can any of the following qualities compensate for a lack of height:

Confidence, intelligence, handsome, muscular, whealthy, educated, hard-working, kind.

If a guy had several good qualities would you overlook the fact that he is short or not your ideal height? Or is he doomed?

Most Helpful Girl

• 5' 9 is not bad at all... especially for most girls, because I'd say there's a lot of girls out there who are 5'4-5'8, and you're taller than that. Most girls just want a guy that's taller than them. Me, I"m 5'4, so 5'9 seems tall to me. For my friends who are 5'10, it may be harder to get them.. they like really tall guys, like 6'4... in that instance, I think on first judgement they'd be seeing your height as a deal breaker, but if they got to know you more then yes all of those qualities would make up for your lack of height. Especially if you have ALL of those qualities, because then you'd be very hard to pass up. Please, don't spend too much time worrying about how to get girls to like you. It's all about being who you are and being comfortable in your own skin, then the rest will come. Plus, you technically only need one girl out of four billion to like you (if you're looking to marry one) so that shouldn't be too hard... but again, don't spend too much time fretting over her, just be you and be the person you want to be. Treat her right, and if it's meant to be it'll work out.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm shorter than most girls I like, as I'm only 5'6, and there's nothing bad about it. Sure, I might gotta jump up higher or go on my tip toes to not have my head smushed in her boobs, but it's not a death sentence like society treats it to be. A lot of qualities can make up for the lack of height, and for some guys muscle, so nothing to worry about. As long as you're a good guy, you're fine. Like I said, I'm shorter than most girls I like, and most in general, but I make up for it by being a gentleman and being myself.

And if any dumbass tries to say "you're fucked", ignore them. Just someone with their own insecurities.

What Girls Said 19

• As long as a guy is at least a bit taller than me, I'll give him a chance (assuming I'm attracted to him and like his personality).

Something that may help is having a nice clothing/shoes style. I become instantly more attracted to guys who dress well.

Stay in shape. Be kind and hard-working.

• "As long as a guy is at least a bit taller than me, I'll give him a chance..." Basically you are doomed!!

• Um. No? I'm 5'6. I've dated a guy who was "a bit taller" (5'7) before, and it wasn't a big deal. I really liked him.

But yeah, I'm not going to date a guy who is shorter than me. It'd feel really awkward. Just a personal preference. Not sure why I'm getting downvoted but okie.

• Intelligence, average looks and good sense of humor would do it for me
    He also need to be confident lol

• @cjmtherfcker needs*
      Why what? Hahah
      Intelligence... I need to talk about many stuff, I want a smart convo lol
      Average looks... I care about looks so at least average looks.
      Good sense of humor... I don't like boring people and I don't consider myself boring so I need someone who can make me laugh and deal with my jokes.
      Confidence... I can't deal with drama, if he keeps complaining about his height I wouldn't like to be with him, because if I date him, it's because I like him and I don't care about his stupid height.

• I am short and there's a guy in my life who is the same height as me. I like him. His height used to bother me but he is
    1. handsome
    2. friendly
    3. confident
    4. not clingy not aloof
    5. he actually smiles and says hi when he sees me
    6. he talks to me and approaches me
    7. he seems ripped tbh

It's a combination of things, but I think if a guy is kind and confident then it doesn't matter.

• I don't care about a guy's height at all. I don't understand why people make such a big deal out of it.

• Height is a big deal for me. But it really depends on the woman, sometimes if you're shorter it will be the end all, as ridiculous as that seems. But you would never want to be with someone that wasn't ecstatic to be with you.

• Is 5'9 enough for you?

• I get that girls want guys to not be shorter, but what saddens me is that thats not in reality enough. My crush was 5'7, that is 2 inches shorter than me, and I still wasent tall enough. So its not about being taller, you have to be taller and them some. Hence if I ever meet a girl that is even 5'5, 5'6. 5'7 or in that range and height is as you say a big deal, I won't have a chance.

• I mean, I'm actually 5'9, so a taller guy is a big turn on (I'm used to guys being shorter than me) but honestly I've been with guys that are my height. The guy I'm in love with right now is about my height actually. There are things that are more attractive (and two inches is pretty awesome) so a lot of girls in that height range would be totally down

• Height has never been as mandatory for me as it is for some other women. But if I like a guy's face and he has confidence I dont give a shit about height ;)

• In my mind being short isn't something that needs to be made up for unless he's under 5 feet. I've liked guys my height and i'm 5'2. If he was that incredibly short I'd maybe consider him if he had a ton of integrity, depth and generally good looks/fashion sense.

• Of course he is. It's about charm or a sense of humor to me. I'm short so I don't have a problem with a guy my height or even one who was shorter or taller. A height doesn't make you who you are. It's sad that society can enforce that the tall guy gets the girl or the tall guy is sexy and attractive. In reality, it's a personality that people need to examine.

• There's this short guy I know and he can lay the pipe like a pro. Short guys may be more coordinated?

• Home some, and intelligent!

• Confidence. That cancels out literally everything. Has to be genuine though...

• you sound good to me.

• as long as the guys SUPER nice and is loving and never causes arguments and stuff

• My boyfriend is really short. However it's incredible how girls are after him. I want to kill those bitches grrr and I'm thankful that he isn't taller otherwise it would be even worse lol
    He's hot, confident, sexy, nice body, nice face, intelligent, smart, interesting... that explains his success rates...

by the way he's short but I'm way shorter than him (about 12 centimetres), still he's the shortest guy I've ever been with and I'm as tall as him when wearing high heels and this had never happened before.

Short guys may be better in bed and as short as I am, it's also the first guy with whom it's comfortable to have sex while standing.

avoid making it an issue. if you embrace it, it will be less of a problem than u think!

• You're 5'9 damn it. That's not short. Shut up!

• He's no doomed.. i think that personality is much more valuable than height.

I like this guy, he's not much more higher than me, but i fucking like him because he makes me laugh, he really talk too much ahah but i like it and im never bored when im with him :)

• Cunnilingus 😂😂😂😂

• The last guy I really liked was my height (I'm 5'7). We just got along really well, plus I thought he was cute. But he wasn't gorgeous or anything, we just seemed to have so much in common. I even went out and bought a few more pairs of flats for our dates.

I know other short guys who do well with women. I don't think being short is the biggest challenge a guy can have, despite what some guys say on this forum. I think having poor social intelligence/skills is the biggest challenge that a guy has to overcome.

• Second paragraph speaks volumes.

• It's hard for awkward girls & women too, but I think it's harder for guys because they're often initiators. The good news is that social skills can be worked on.

• How tall are you?

• Im 5'9 barefoot.

• Lol you're not even short

• yes not short at all. smh

if it's the other way around, it is also not ideal right? so you sound like a great man regardless, np.

What Guys Said 14

• He doesn't need to compensate for it. What he needs to do is quit thinking about his height. It's a thought that should never enter his mind.

• Intelligence and confidence combine with wealth will be a very attractive combo. I call people with those 3 things King-type people.

There is nothing fancy about you. You aren't the smooth and warm type of guy. You are sharp l. You know what the other person thinks and know how to disrupt them. You are direct and blunt. However, you can defeat a whole paragraph of arguments with only one of your own.

The combo creates the feeling of power and power is extremely attractive. You won't be getting those romantic maidens because you aren't a handsome knight. However, you will attract women who are willing to me Queens, Princesses and Mistresses.

• You're not even short, you're 6 inches taller than me. I got told I make up for being. short by being muscular. Also it has never bothered me, the thought doesn't even enter my mind when I'm talking to a woman. Almost all of my girlfriends have been taller than me, I don't care.

• Money can even make up for not having a penis.

• Not thinking too much. He doesn't need to compensate for it. He just needs to bring his best qualities forward and not worry about his height. I guess confidence then would be the main quality.

• Sense of humour mate. You make a girl laugh all the time and you can be a dwarf. Women aren't shallow like us that way.

• For the cunt prettybitch12, nothing. For other girls, it depends.

• Many of my shorter friends have gotten more girls than I could ever dream of.

• Having a huge cock, having lots of money, and being famous.

• It's not doom, Trust me.

• Just get rich, they won't give two shits.

• You're fine. 5'9 is not short. Plenty of guys of that height do great with the ladies. Those other qualities are also very attractive to girls - if you're confident, it will go a long way.

• Qualify platform shoes