Do you mainly date for sex?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Half and half I would say. 50% sex 50% other relationship shit.

• Half the women or half the reason?

• The reason

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I want a connection.

What Guys Said 11

• Sex is great, but a relationship is important. casual sex? make hookups for that. you don't "date" your booty call. you date someone (or, in my opinion, you SHOULD date someone) because they are important to you and you think there is a possibility for a real relationship there.

• same guy, just adding an a comment:
      while dating should be about a relationship, both people should accept the fact that sex IS PART OF THAT. There is nothing wrong, at all, with waiting. Wanting a connection before you get into each other's pants is a good thing, in my opinion. but the fact of the matter is, people usually do not date people they have no sexual interest in. no matter how much you may care for a girl, if you can not picture wanting to screw her brains out, you do not belong in a relationship together, and the same for her about you.

• Hardly... ...

• It's like 50/50 for me

• Naaah... but mostly so I won't have to watch a scary move alone -_-

• I am always honest with women who show interest in I, saying I only want friendship or sex

• I'm a virgin, and so is my fiancée. We both had marriage in mind when we met.

• The sex is fun of course but I date cause I like dating in general

• 7 out of 10 times, Yea. I don't even date much ha

• I'd say no

• yes, i do.

• Of course, I mean why else do I need a woman?

What Girls Said 5

• That question has definitely crossed my mind several times. Wondering how often sex is the fueling force behind my boyfriend and I choose to stay together, and how we would fare without it, or with less of it.
    Though neither of us got together primarily to have sex (or at all, as neither of us were sexually active so it never even came up in conversation), I think it was definitely a much bigger factor in us as a couple in our first few months together. When we'd fight over the most ridiculous, petty issues, only to resolve things with make-up sex. When we'd hang out several times a week to basically just have sex.

Now, it's very different. Sex is still a big part of our relationship, but I think we're both in it for more than just that. Sex definitely has it's fair share of appeal, but I'm with my boyfriend because I love him for who he is as a person, and how he makes me feel. Not for his dick powers. :P

• no way. sex is easy enough to come by without dating,. so i dont see why anyone would do that, unless they can't get casual sex. dating for me is about getting to know people i like with the added possibility of things becoming intimate bc of attraction. its more like there's a safety net of things we can sod that i dont do with friends. as apposed to the aim.

• How do you get sex without dating?

• sure, thanks:)

I've seen guys going to pretties. you're not the only one. .. i thought of it myself before i met anyone i really liked and i dint want a relationship.

• No, don't go to prostitutes if you don't have to. The sex was overpriced and not satisfying. I got scammed. I just went to them as a last resort but also because it was destiny. The prostitutes asked me why didn't I have a girlfriend. At that point, I realized I could've gotten better sex if I just got a girlfriend. I've been trying to find a girlfriend now... but it seems I'm too late. World War III is going to reach the United States soon and I'm definitely going to have to fight against the powers that be. Please stay safe and close to loved ones.

• I'm dating for a bond, and though sex can help strengthen the bond, it's not what I'm looking for.

• That's pretty lameeee

• Sort of in between.

It's not the only reason, but I see no point in dating without it being a major factor. Friendships are getting along with each other without sex, after all.

• not really., well not for me. i dont share things with my friends i share with my boyfriend and i definitely dopnt cuddle with friends.

• Yeah, you could broaden that to be physical affection in general.

But on the other part, for me anyway... my boyfriends usually aren't as good to talk to as a few of my really solid, long term friends/relatives. I find it's harder to really loosen up with a romantic partner because they always wonder how your life is going to affect yours.