Is 22 too old for an 18 year old in a parent's eyes?

I'm 18 and the guy in talking to is 22. He's a really great guy and I think my parents would love him. I'm just unsure if how they'd feel about the age difference, even though it's the same age difference in them.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a father, I would be a little bit concerned about how your relationship started. Other than that, my next concern would be if you intended to complete your education, or if this was going to impinge on that. If those answers were OK, I'd probably be alright with it, of course depending on how worthy he was.

• I met him because he was the son of a teacher I had in the past. And I am definitely going to complete my education.

• Then I think your parents would probably be fine. I mean as fine as they can be while thinking that someone is thinking THAT WAY about their baby.

Most Helpful Girl

• In parents eyes, probably- I remember when I was 18 anything with the number "twenty" in it was too old, but my mum came around when she realized she can't control people I date.

What Guys Said 7

• Twenty-two is the oldest you should date when you are eighteen. Assuming that he is a good guy, I see no problem with that age gap at all.

• Don't let it bother you. I think your parents might actually appreciate you dating someone a bit older.

• yeah. especially depends on what kind of 18 year old and 22 year old. i mean there are 18 year olds in high school. i graduated college at 21 this past may and didn't turn 22 until July.

• Being an 18 year old in high school has nothing to do with it?

• You said there are 18 year olds in high school. That has nothing to do with anything. I'm an 18 year old in high school. But that's because my birthday falls at an awkward time.

• yeah, it has something to do with it. there's literally a gap between education levels. i was fairly smart and could handle my shit in high school, but i didn't know half the shit i do now.

• 4 years age difference isn't that bad (especially from the age gaps I see usually on gag)

• Depends on the parent, but you are probably fine.

• Leave him alone you're young, he might seem cool but he's just looking to smash and pass.

• Socially it's acceptable but your parents might be apprehensive.

What Girls Said 1

• In some parents eyes I'm sure they wouldn't like the age gap but in general I don't think there's a problem. It's only four years that's not so bad. If you think he's really that great I'm sure your parents could love him too 😊