What do you count as clingly and do guys hate it?

So me and this guy confessed our like for each other and now we are becoming better freinds (my idea) he is really sweet and had smooth moments. He says stuff like he can't wait to see me with 10 heart emojis... It makes me happy and think about it and just want to smile forever!! So I say it back and I'll say stuff like im excited to hang out. How much affection should I show? I don't want to freak him out but I don't want him to think I'm not into him.. Help

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think guys hate clingly girls! I just can't help it!

What Guys Said 7

• If a guy sends you all those emojis then you can definitely send that many back without bothering him! I wouldn't hate having a clingy girlfriend as if I'm in a relationship with someone I would love to know everything about them as much as possible 😜! Being clingy would be asking what they are doing, where they are right now, etc constantly

• Affection is fine. Clingy is being controlling. EVERY GUY wants that sweet, cool girlfriend that wants him to have his own life. Don't be needy, let him have his space, don't control him... but when you're with him.. be a sweetheart. He'll be head over heals for you. What you're doing now is fine.

• Clingy is a woman that doesn't give me five minutes peace, she constantly needs me around, she constantly needs affection, attention and validation.

It's okay to do what you're doing because you're not going overboard.

• i wouldn't call you clingy, but i think 10 heart emojis and shit like that is absurdly obsessive. i personally hate that shit.

• He was the one who put 10 heart emojis.

• Lol. Okay :D

• I hate girls getting all clingy, but I don't say anything as it might hurt them.

• Any guy that goes for the emoji overkill has a very high clinginess threshold.

Personally it is tricky to me but if the choices are to deal with a bit much of it or her holding back affection? By all means, go all out. Just cut me some slack if I get less responsive - and don't be too upset about it, doesn't mean I don't like you.

• But I'm not a clingly person. Yes it makes me happy that he does stuff like that.. It makes me feel special... My sister said I need to back up

• If I'm having to put more in to you, than I do my own car (granted my car is 23 years old), then you're too much work

• So I should be less and show little affection?

• I'm saying it depends on the guy you're dating. With me, I would want to only have to deal with the minimum with you, since I have to take care of my over 20 year old car, right?

What Girls Said 2

• Be as affectionate as you want, just don't smother the guy. Being mushy is one thing, but bombarding him and getting upset if he doesn't respond, etc.

• Try not to show more affection than he does. It should be balanced.