We are going to "talk" tomorrow - What should I be prepared for?

My friend Adam and I have been friends for about 8 years. We never ever expressed any interest in dating or anything romantic but we have always been very close. He was always someone I would look up to and someone I considered to be a very close friend and I think he felt the same way.

About 2 months ago, I spoke to Adam about how the relationship I was in at the time I was planning on ending because it just wasn't working out. We were on different pages and wanted different things. Adam supported me in this.

A short while after our talk - Adam expressed interest in me romantically and told me that it was in early stages of attraction, he wanted to let me know. I knew that I had been feeling the same way so I expressed interest too.

My relationship ended and Adam and I decided we were going to take it slow - he didn't want to be the rebound and he wanted to make sure I was over my past relationship. He, however, has been very forward in letting me know he is interested, Telling me he how he feels or telling me how amazing he thinks I am. He has kissed me and he would grab my hand or put his arm around me recently.

He even said he didn't want to date anyone else - I told him, he needs to find happiness so maybe dating other people while I put distance between my breakup may be good. I realized after I said it I shouldn't have but I felt bad making him wait for me.

Since then, he has been distant - I assume it is because he feels I was indirectly saying I wasn't interested. When we have been together in the past week with our friends, he has been a little cold and stand offish. He hasn't been mean - but he has been VERY quiet. After spending sometime together, I asked him if we could talk because there seemed to be a change in our dynamic.

We are meeting up tomorrow for lunch just to chat about everything - I am a little nervous he is going to say he has moved on or is over it already. What should I be prepared for going into this talk tomorrow?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• as I said three hours ago when you first posted this question? I think you are correct that your selfless comment of Adam dating others has hurt him. Unless you've had some indications he's seeing someone else, My guess is he's going to tell you this and that he still only has feelings for you. If you are interested and feel you've sufficiently left your ex in the past, go with it. And tell him your feelings. This could be something special

• First, thanks for the well written description of your situation. That's rare on here. I think you are correct that your selfless comment of Adam dating others has hurt him. Unless you've had some indications he's seeing someone else, My guess is he's going to tell you this and that he still only has feelings for you. If you are interested and feel you've sufficiently left your ex in the past, go with it. And tell him your feelings. This could be something special.