How do you apologize to girl you cheated on?

My boyfriend cheated on me. He offered to have sec with a girl. They didn't have sex because she wasn't in the area. I found out about it. He apologized by saying he's sorry and it meant nothing and the most he was gonna do was let her give him a bj. He texted me today saying "hey sorry about last night. I don't know what got into me."

thats all. I'm still upset. He's never cheated on me before and I'm pregnant with his child, so I'm not too eager to get up and leave. I don't know if that sort of apology is acceptable because I feel like it's not. Or maybe I just demand too much... how should a guy apologize after he does something like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• " the most he was gonna do was let her give him a bj" That's bullocks. The guy DID do his part of the work when it comes to cheating on you. So, if I put that in a statement I would say, it was an accident that he didn't end up cheating on you.

I'm so sorry that you're carrying this man's child. You only have a few options:

1) Dump the dude, keep the child.
    2) Dump the dude, abort the child.
    3) Keep the dude, break up later when he succeeds in cheating AND you catch him this time.

Most Helpful Girl

• He honestly does not seem too sincere in his apology. I would say you need some time to think and see how he reacts to it. If he is okay with allowing you to have space and puts up very little fight to keep you in his life than chances are it isn't meant to be and you should move on.
    I know its not the simple. Especially with a child. But take it from a single mother of 2 children who's fiancé cheated. I know how it feels, and its mentally burdening. Don't put yourself through it. Reevaluate your relationship by yourself and see where you stand and what you deserve.

What Guys Said 8

• "The most he was gonna do was let her give him a bj," is the worst softening-of-the-blow I've ever heard. By saying that, he's effectively saying, "you're cool with her giving me a bj though right?" It doesn't even sound like he apologized in the first place to me.

• That wouldn't be acceptable to me. His cavalier attitude would give me big warning signs about his character

• LOL.. only a matter of time till he does cheat on you. In b4 you come on GAG and tell all the men are evil and become a feminist. I'm captain Hindsight..

fpl4noobs.files.wordpress.com/.../hindsight1.jpg

• It didn't happen, thus I never had to think about that.

• Break it off immediately, and then peg him for child support for the next 18 years. He has already cheated on you. It's almost a certainty. You caught him once but that wasn't the first time, nor will it be the last.

• At the very least, he should deliver a sincere, face-to-face apology.

• dump him he doesn't deserve you

• Make him work his fucking ass off to get your forgiveness

What Girls Said 1

• "the most he was gonna do was let her give him a bj"
    And you forgave him? What the hell? I wouldn't trust him if I were you. He will attempt to cheat on you again.