Is it rude for me to say no?

Going on a first date with a guy tonight. Where we're going is closer to me than him, and he made a comment that afterwards he can "crash on the floor " at my place since it will probably be late. Being our first date, I'm not going to bring him back to my place and show him where I live... I'm just cautious and don't feel comfortable with that. I'm also trying to take things slow and don't want to be slutty and sleep with him so quick. Is it rude for me to say this? Would you understand if you were in this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not rude. Unless you're dating teenagers, he's old enough to get a hotel room.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not rude or slutty. Kind of rude for him to invite himself over.

What Guys Said 4

• No, not rude. But you should have said that the moment he basically invited himself over. Now it sounds like you were thinking it over, and also he might already have set that as going to happen.

• Good point... it was through text, so I just ignored that part and didn't say anything.

• Say it now. Wait no longer.

• It was rude for him to assume that you would invite him in after the first date. That being said, if there was lots of alcohol involved, and he was driving or something, then he may have just been speaking logically (for legal and moral reasons). He framed his request very poorly though.

• If I were him I would not have said i can "crash on your floor" anyway because of the reasons you listed afterwards. It is entirely reasonable for you to say no. Im surprised he has essentially invited himself over to stay

• It's not wrong I think it's justified

What Girls Said 3

• It isn't rude. It's called being assertive. If he is offended and doesn't like the word no, then that would make him controlling. You have every right to tell him no so don't feel guilty for it

• Yes it's ok to say no I am the same way

• I wouldn't feel comfortable with that either. I don't like people coming to my home unless I trust them a bit more. First date you are still getting to know one another.