Taking it slow?

My boyfriend just asked me to slow down. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. We say I love you and he says we don't really need to stop saying it... Again good thing or bad thing?

We did start things over really fast when we started dating. And he thinks that we should slow down. I didn't ask if that means he wants to see other people I just assumed That since we are still saying I love you that he doesn't want to.

What Guys Said 1

• Your question is a bit ambiguous. In what context does he want you to 'slow down'?

• We started out fast and he says we should
      Slow down, but that we don't have to stop sayin we love each other. I didn't ask him if that means he wants to see other people but I just assumed that since we are still saying I love you he doesn't want to see others.

• Anyway, here's wishing the best for your relationship. May it last long... really long! :)

• Awe thank you

What Girls Said 1

• Exactly what is slowing down?

• Yea, I don't think he means that either. I think you deserve a better definition from him. But right now, I think he means things are too heavy and he might feel rushed. Get back to the lighter stuff that happens in the beginning, try light simple dates and more relaxed evening (like a movie ) vs deeper stuff like (I love yous, romantic dinner, and possibly super romantic sex, and talk of marriage or something)
      There aren't many details to go off of because I don't know what goes on in the relationship, but I hope this helped. Get a definite definition, and lighten things up.