What is the most oldest age of a guy I should date as a 15 year old?

There is this guy that in really into and I think he's into me but everyone says he's too old for me. So how old do you think is the oldest I should date at the age of 15?

In my state it is legal for someone 21 or younger to have sex with someone 15 or older but the true consensus age is 17

Most Helpful Guy

• I think at that age, too much age difference is not good at all, for you especially, not that its a good thing at older ages either.
    So i think you could date max 17 year olds, any older than that, and they are living in a completly differend "world" than you, they could hurt you in some way, emotionally for example.

Once you are 18 and older, it gets simpler. i think a 35 year old man and a 18 year old girl could be good together, (if they want obviously) but at that age, its not about the age difference anymore in my opinion, its more about who you are, how mature you are, what do you want in your life, something like that.

I'm not saying you should date much older guys then you are, but you can (as i described above), if you want and if you two are really getting along.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was 16, he was 22. However, technically according to the law it was considered rape. That whole situation was kind of weird, but in all honesty, I am 28 and when I was 16 it was a bit different back then. The way kids are and what not, I would not even think about it. The situation I was in kind of happened, but I never looked to be with anyone at that age. I would worry about finishing school first because with hormones and more teens running around, it's better to focus on school than get caught up in dating drama.

What Guys Said 22

• 15 year olds shouldn't be dating. That's my opinion, although you may not agree with me here,

• 15.

Although given that you're still not even out of school, I'd say you should focus more on furthering your career than something trivial like dating, but that's just me.

• First at 15, it's your parents, not your friends, who should be determining who you should be dating. I'm considered a fairly permissive parent, and the oldest I would allow would be 17, but that would be a very controlled date. I would have to meet the boy, have all his contact numbers, have spoken to his parents, know where you were going and what you would be doing, and I would expect you home immediately after.

• 16? lol You're sort of to young to date. I mean just because others have gotten married at 14, 150 years ago doesn't mean you do it to, lol.

• Romeo and juliet reference tho?

• @Sebastian25 No, real life reference. Kids back then did get married in their mid teens, but it wasn't healthy from what I heard, the mortality rate was higher. I'm sure over all they were more mature at their age, but I dont think that helped their under developed bodies (like for pregnancy) and lack of life experience that older age brings.

• 16 because anything older gets into creeper pedophile territory.

• The rule is "double-your-age-minus-seven", but since that comes out to 23, but it can't apply as young as you are. To make it 100% legal, make certain they are no more than a year older than you, and 17 at most. When you are young, a few years means a lot more.

• 16 or 17 years old. No older.

• A guy under 17, in my opinion

• I would say 20 though only under special circumstances such as both parents being involved, being family friends for a long time, and/or sharing a similar culture that allows this.

• Which state is this again?

• I'd say 2 years older cause if he is 18 and you happen to have sex he can get into a lot of trouble depending on your state/ province rules and regulations

• I'd say 17-18 and have some fun :)

• I'd say 17

• 17-18 probably... but hard to say what's right and what not.

how old is that guy?

• 18, you shouldn't date that young to begin with. But even if you did chose someone around you age. And not someone who is as old as your parents

• 15
    (Filler)

• Lots of extra words to say 17

• 15-16 tops.

• Sorry what state is this?

• 21 is the oldest you should date since that is the LEGAL limit of who you can have sex with according to what you said. If your boyfriend is 21 or younger, then have fun!

• You're too young. At this age you have no recollection as to what love is with someone that is not family.

• Too young to date.

What Girls Said 13

• I've always like people who are older than me. Even 10 years older sound good to me.
    I would think about dating a 30 y/o a bit more but if I'm attracted to that person I wouldn't care to much.

So my advice is.. Date whoever you are attracted to.

• 16, because if you plan to date him for a while you could run into problems. Lets say he's 17, ok in a few months he could turn 18, and you could still be 15. That could be illegal in your state. If he's 16, you have longer until he turns 18 and longer for you to turn at least 16.

• I don't think you should be dating at all. But if you *must*, the oldest is 17 or just turned 18. Anything older and that motherfucker is just taking advantage of you.

• In my opinion, 17.

• 17
    filleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

• 16 year old at the most and Only on talking terms.

• 17.

*filler

• 25. B b v b

• 15/16 I would say.

• No one above 17

• I try to keep a 3 years older limit and 1 year younger limit but for 15 that ends up being 18 at the limit which is okay but the laws and all if he is 18 or older I would look up laws in your state there are ways around the laws just need to look at all the angles

• Absolute ceiling would be 18. It also depends a lot on maturity tho, an immature 15 year old shouldn't be with an 18 year old of even average maturity. A lot of changes happen in those years.

• 17 years old