Guys are you more or less comfortable talking to a girl on text?

Are you more or less comfortable?
Does it take you a little while to think of a response so that you don't sound dumb to her (or for what ever reason) ?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's just a female friend, I have no issues texting her.

But if it is a girl I like, I tend to get pretty nervous.

• Does it take you a little longer than normal because you are thinking of something to say (to not sound dumb or something)

• Thanks for MHO! :)

What Guys Said 6

• Only if I have confidence the girl knows who I am as a person with respect to morals, sense of humor, sarcasm, worldview on a basic level. It is a terrible way to try to get to know someone if not impossible and a bad habit altogether.
    If you take a communication clas they will tell you the majority of meaning comes from paralinguistics (how you say something... think how many ways you can say "where did you leave the car keys?" For example, followed by body language (eye contact, posturing, etc) and only 10% is left to the actual words you say with respect to extracting meaning. That means 90% of the time you are miscommunicating with texting woth someone you have no idea basing their meaning as you don't know them. That means a bad person can manipulate and have good texting skills and a good person can figuratively speaking, be a bad texted and so anyone who assumes and judges, unless completely explicitly language is written, will always misjudge and can't assume correctly by way of "getting to know someone via text"

• Personally, I am far less comfortable texting a woman than just talking to her. I would much rather talk.

Yes, it does take me a little while to write and send a text message, because the writing alone cannot convey other communication the way body language and voice intonation can. It is just the cut and dry writing that a recipient gets in a text message, and it may be taken the wrong way.

• I am least comfortable. What if I tell a joke like this one where tone is important to understand:

"You're a cunt."

If you heard me pronounce that it's really funny but otherwise... you're just a cunt.

• Definitely. I totally understand now. He is probably just nervous that he will sound like an ass because he seems so into me and he stutters and he's nervous and is so nice and stands up for me, protects me... so I was curious why he was so not like that on text

• I'm more comfortable talking via text because I can take my time responding and not be put on the spot and thinking like uhh what lol. Plus if you embarrass yourself it is a lot easier to forget over text

• way, way More

• I am very comfortable with texting girls. I like to respond within a half an hour as that usually means she will try to respond back and that I somewhat care about what she has to say. If a girl takes forever to respond to you then (just from experience) she usually either does not like to text or isn't into you. Just saying it's usually the latter because mostly everyone likes to text these days 😜

• What about a shy inexperienced guy texting a girl he likes... will it take him a while?

• That's definitely possible! Just wondering, do you have like a kik or something to talk? You seem kinda funny I don't know I like to get to know people 😂

• Haha no I actually don't have one.. sorry :)

What Girls Said 0