Is this cheating?

Is it cheating to get a girls number and snapchat and put it under a guys name so your girlfriend wouldn't know it was a girl? Then talking to her for a bit.

Most Helpful Guy

• As soon as he hid it, it showed what his intentions were.

I don't know that I'd call it cheating, but it's a huge betrayal of trust. Dump-worthy, in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would think that's borderline cheating, yes. It's shady. You're hiding the fact that you're talking to another girl. What is there to hide, unless you're breaking "the rules" and doing things you shouldn't be doing behind your partner's back?

• So giving a girl a guy name on your phone is not cheating, it's deceptive. But what he might be doing with her over text and snapchat could very well be considered cheating. Otherwise he wouldn't feel the need to hide her.

What Guys Said 5

• Its a very old technique... and yes, it is cheating. He didn't even make it known that the contact was female. Thats deception.. aka.. cheating.
    Cheating is not an instantaneous thing, it builds.. you just caught one on the building process. Thing is, will you stop it... or wait for the act.

• okay, let's not jump the bones here.

The question is "why"?

First of all, there is nothing wrong with talkign with other girls, and even as your girlfriend you have no right to demand him to tell you everything he does. He has the right to have a life on his own too.

Secondly, why would he do it? Could be his girl is so yealous it'd be hell on earth even if he's marginally talking to other girls? Some say the fact he's hiding it means he's doing shady stuff. What if he's being pressed into hiding it, because he feels hiding is better than having a girl go ├╝berbitch mode on him?

I can't say i know much about snapchat, but who defines genders? And secondly, HOW do you know this? Snooped on his phone? What reason did you have to snoop on his phone?

For those interested in having my heads ofr this; yes, i am playing the devils advocate, because i want all facts on the table.

• He went to the bar, the bartender is the number and snapchat he got. I was at home studying for an exam while he went out. Stayed out form 7-2 in the morning when it closed. I texted and called him. He ignored them and said he had his phone charging till 12 in his jeep. When he looked at it at twelve I told him I was upset he was still out and hadn't updated me on when he was coming back but that I was going to bed. This is when he got her number, snapped her while he was there, but was ignoring me. Made sure to change her number and swore it was a guy, even for 2 more days. Yes I snooped threw his phone to see if there was a reason he was ignoring me. Yes he was drunk as could be, and once he got home he snuggled and acted like everything was great.

• so basically he missed your calls, as a result you snooped on his phone without asking, and found out he was a drunk idiot. Then got all pissed about it.

Look, yes he was a fool. But the thing is, what you did was also morraly wrong. So he too has the right to be pissed at you!

And i'm going to ask you straigt; do you usually get this pissed off when he does something stupid?

• I fear it is. If you have to be deceptive in anyway then you gotta think there is something going on... or potentially going on that you don't want your girlfriend knowing about it.

Sorry if this rains on your parade.

• Yeeeeessssss

• I think it's deceptive and wrong but it's not really cheating if that's all he did

What Girls Said 3

• It's not cheating but still very very suspicious.

• Deception and my answer is yes it's cheating, stay single if you want to behave like this.

• If it were innocent, he wouldn't have hidden it.
    And if a guy asked for your number and you gave it, he wouldn't like it, for obvious reasons.