How do I get my boyfriend to improve his personal hygiene?

He doesn't floss his teeth and sometimes I wonder if he even brushes them every day as they are often quite dirty looking. Also sometimes he has B. O. He says he wears deodorant so I'm not sure what's going wrong.

i really like him and he's the type of guy who would do anything for me but I am not sure how to bring this up without hurting his feelings.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol does he at least wash his balls if not God bless you're soul 😂

• His dick is actually really clean! It's just his teeth and the B. O that bother me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sure he showers frequently and puts on fresh clothes every day! If he wears his t shirt from last day then that's gonna stink even if he is clean himself. Look at his deodorant. The particular brand he is using might not be suitable. Specially if he is using a spray with alcohol in it. If he uses a deodorant, he might need to shower daily to get rid of the stink that develops from the mixture of deo and his sweat. An antiperspirant might benefit him more. But really sprays aren't just that great. He should use the deo immediately after showering.

What Guys Said 2

• blunt and honest. tell him that you put work into your appearance because you want to look your best for him, so you'd like to think him doing the same for you wouldn't be too much to ask

• not sure you can stop from hurting him hun. He's either not telling you the truth, or doing it wrong, or has some sort of condition.

What Girls Said 3

• Tough situation but definitely one that needs attention as personal hygiene is very important for attraction. Pick a good moment and realize that it will be awkward for a while when you have the talk but when you're done you will be relieved that you discussed it. Mention you want to talk to him about something that has been bothering you and that you don't want to hurt him but feel like it is something that needs to be talked about.

• Well the thing is , he's not a child. You shouldn't have to treat him like one and remind a grown man to floss , brush correctly , or bathe. That is beyond ridiculous , nasty , and a huge turnoff. I have braces and it takes 3X as much time to floss and I still do everyday. Tell him straight up he smells bad. I mean you can't make him floss but if his breath smells bad then that's going to interfere with intimacy. Tell him to take care of his personal hygiene or breakup with him. I

• Does he initiate intimacy with you?

Next time he does just be like no offense but you don't smell that good let's go shower together... then make a point to brush your teeth too. Does he smoke?