Guys, do you like a girl who takes initiative to text or call first or do you like "the chase"?

In regards to seeing someone. Not a girlfriend but a girl you've been on a few dates with.

• I like the chase
    9% (8)
  • I like when she messages me first
    91% (86)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

19

Most Helpful Guy

• simply put, the whole "game" of dating is nonsense that seems to serve no purpose other than potentially generate drama.
    should i message first or wait? do i call the next day or play it cool and wait a few? she sent me a pic, how should i respond?
    what nonsense. i want a connection with someone, not some intricate, social/emotional game of chess that might get me sex if i win.

What Guys Said 18

• Both... switch em up. Sticking to one... gets boring. If i were to pick though, in this day and age... initiative... always.
    I do love the chase... instinct.

• It depends on the person. If we both really like each other and we both want a date it does not really matter who calls.

• Why can girls never understand this? I get it that people can be shy but still it SUCKS ASS having to have the obligation of making the first move because you're a guy. Guys can be shy too but it is way harder because you get nowhere if you are and you're a guy.

• Both.

I like to chase a girl who is receptive and it feels awesome to feel wanted. When you're doing all the work sometimes it feels like the girl doesn't really like you much. Even if she does and simply expects the guy to put in all the work.

• A mix of both. If I'm chasing too much, I reel back in or even drop.

• I like switching. There's no reason to wait for the other to text first if you wanna talk.

• Honest to god I don't actually care who contacts who first.

Hell if you don't do it there's a good chance I might never because I forgot you existed.

• If she never called or texted first, that, to me, would be a big flashing sign saying she's not interested.

• I like a chase, but she should leave clear signals and trail for me to chase her.

• Well if she calls or text first it is nicer for me... but I can also take the initiative, but the current situation I'm in I would like her to text me first...
    Do girls like guys to text them first or does it look too needy?

• I think we are similar to you guys. It depends on the person though but I prefer mixing it up. I've been dating a guy close to 2 months and ever since our first date I text first but he'll organise for me to meet friends or whatever. That's me personally though, some girls prefer guys to text first most of the time

• I like girls who like me, period.

• I hate being the one to message first it's annoying.
    I'd prefer the girl text me first.

• I like her to text first.

• I want them to sometimes texting or calling first because I need some evidence to be important for them, but I prefer them not to contact me first daily.

• Wow! Out of 65 guys in total only 4 liked the chase. Interesting results here...

• Both is fine for me.

• I like when girls are taken, and I can chase her, but once she's single, I'd like her to back off

• Just have to make this clear: I like her to text or call first, sure. I don't really mind doing it.

This is not at all what guys view as the chase though. Not even close.