What do you think is the meaning of his first involuntary reactions on seeing me in person?

I recently went on a first date with a guy I met online. When I arrived at the meeting point, he was already there, looking at his phone, when he saw me, I saw his eyes look me over really quick (like up and down my whole body,) and then his eyebrows rose and he had a slight surprised expression on his face. He was pleasant enough after that, and the date went very well.

I have no indication yet if he found me attractive (no compliments, no physical advances, nothing.)

So what do you think those first involuntary actions means? Did he find me ugly, or attractive or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• You either looked very attractive to him or ugly, if he seemed pleasant the whole time and didn't rush the date then I guess you looked good to him and he was being a gentleman

• He didn't. He was Supposed to leave in an hour and half, but stayed three hours. 😊

• Oh then you definitely were attractive to him So he was just being cool and a gentleman to you

• 😊 thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Looking up and down means he's gauging you as a potential mate. If he did it more than once he was liking what he was seeing. Raised eyebrows mean surprise. He was trying to see "more" of you by widening his eyes. I think all in all he was pleasantly surprised to see you.

• He didn't do it more than once, at least not when I was looking.

I am wondering if he was surprised by how short I was. I am very petite - 4'11" and he is 5'11". This was on my dating profile, so he should have known. But maybe he was surprised at me turning out so small?

• Awww shunks... That made me blush. Thanks for your encouraging words, cos I kinda like him 😊.

• Shucks*

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe you were his first date, he didn't want to rush, he's awkward or maybe he thought you would make a move

• after teh date if he continue to contact you , then he find you attractive and is expecting second date/meet up.. in my opinion

• He did, yes. Thanks for your reply 😊

What Girls Said 3

• No idea. We're even more clueless that you, we weren't even there to actually see his reaction, we can only judge by your description. Sorry. Why don't you just ask him?

• Than you*

• Well if he was looking at you up and down I doubt that's why he was surprised.

• My thoughts exactly...

• He didn't recognize you at first. Then he realized, oh hey! It's her!

• I think if he found you ugly he'd have made an excuse to leave. I'd say his initial reaction was positive and he is attracted to you