Why would a woman date a younger guy?

I recently started dating this girl about 2 months ago. She's 28 and I'm 25. Now I'm just wondering is this a weird age gap? I've never dated an older woman. I really like here and I don't want our age gap to effect our future, what are the motives of dating a younger guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have chatted up a guy in the club that turned out to be 20 (I am 26 but together we look like I am 20 and he's 26 so it never appears visually obvious or strange if we're hanging out).
    We've had several dates and I can tell that he's rather insecure around me and sometimes doesn't know how to act, especially in person.

I dress differently (classier) than girls his age, I make more money than him, the topics I talk about are different, my music taste is waaaaay different and so are my hobbies. I think this intimidates him sometimes, but he sticks around because he's most likely physically attracted nonetheless.

But via text, he gets all cheeky and I can tell that he falls into his usual boyish ways with all that teasing, haha even goes as far as making fun of my age the more comfortable he feels with me >_>. He dared to kiss me twice, but that's it.

As to why older women would date a younger guy. Mind you, we haven't been sexual/intimate and the kisses were rather innocent and I honestly start to develop more platonically 'buddy' feelings for him, but the reason I did start dating him at the beginning was the first impression I got. In most cases, if a woman likes a guy and he happens to be younger, the number becomes secondary. Older women don't date BECAUSE he is young. He just HAPPENS to be young and we kinda formed a liking for him regardless, so no matter what age, we'd probably still like him and want to stick around if we enjoy his company.

As for my youngster, I liked the way he coyly flashed a smile from across the dance floor, with a bottle of water in his hand. In a crowded, sweaty and loud place like that, he stood out with his smile and the different vibes. He looked like an interesting person to me, I wanted to get to know him even after he revealed his age.

Most Helpful Guy

• At those ages, the age gap is nothing to worry about. :)

What Girls Said 17

• I've always felt odd when someone within my age range refers to me as older.

Yes, i am but only by a few years.
    The age difference isn't visible (no one would know).
    I was that age like yesterday , so we'd still have enough in common.

I'd like to be looked at as a person instead.

-
    You're right usually women feel even odd about dating a guy a few months younger.
    So a few years is uncommon.
    This isn't typical but honestly I think you should consider someone older when they have a 7 plus year age difference than you.

• I know that 3 years isn't a huge deal but I just know that it's uncommon for the girl to be older, all her friends have boyfriends who are 28 or older and It makes me uneasy cause I think it may make her uneasy and I don't want that because I like this girl a lot and I don't want her to outgrow me.

• It's ok. There's not much difference between a 25 and 28 year old.

If you were 18-21 I'd say you should be concerned

But really don't worry about it t

• It's only a three year difference, it's not like it's a huge gap. As long as you're happy together is what should really matter.

• DAMN She not that old! And you aren't a young apple!

• No that age difference is no big deal at all.

• lol to be honest that 3 year difference is not huge at all. I would say an age gap is about 5 years and upward. A considerable age gap that would make a difference in a relationship is about 10 years or more. With a 3 year difference between you both, she has no motives aside from liking you as a person, in my view

• if I like a guy and we get along I forget his age, it is irrelevat since we get along... Also with 5 year +/- shouldn't feel much difference

• It's only 3 years. Not weird at all. My mom's like 7 years older than my dad and they were married for 19 years.

• If she's already started dating you she doesn't mind at all:) It's whether or not it proves a problem for either you or her, and by the looks of things it doesn't seem to bother either of you! I always told myself I couldn't date a younger guy, but I'm crushing on someone younger than me at the moment, don't worry about it:D

• That is not uncommon and it's not a big deal. You're relationship would not be any different if your ages are reverse.

• 3 years isn't too much. I mean, men dates 10 years younger girls and its okay but when woman do that, its weird? Sounds like sexism.

• I don't know, I'm only interested in guys older than me. Always feels like the ones my age or the younger ones aren't mature enough

• @ years age isn't much of an age difference.

• Why wouldn't they? Three years is not that big of a gap.

• Stop being paranoid you doing fine

• That's not an odd age gap. I dated an 18 year old when I was 20, even though that's 2 years difference, his maturity level was not near mine so we clashed. If I'm older and date a younger guy, it's all good as long as we get along. For me it's about the connection, so age (as long as it's legal) is fine with me.

My aunt is 42 and he husband is 35. They've been married for years, they just click so well.

• Three years wwooowoo

• I am 28 and the guy I am seeing is 27. It's not that much of an age difference. I don't really care and at first I was worried he would mind but he was okay with it. As long as he is mature enough and likes me I don't see a problem with 2-3 years.

• I don't mind, I just don't want this to be a problem in the future, I know it's only 3 years but since it's uncommon I do feel
      Uneasy at times that I may not be as accomplished as her or people
      In her age range, like does she expect the same things outta me that she would a 28 year old type things?

• No. She is dating you right now. She doesn't expect you to be big shot guy having all your life figured out. I mean, most 28 year old guys aren't anywhere near that point so don't worry...

What Guys Said 6

• depends on the girl i know a girl who is 30 and is dating a 24 year old. it really depends on the girl

• Bro I've dated a girl who was 35 years old. You got nothing to worry about. you'll be just fine!

• Nah, not weird. The older you get, the smaller that gap will be.

• Older women tend to be bossy from what I've seen, but it can work age still doesn't determine personality in a relationship.

• Lol.. Not even an age gap bro.

• Some women like younger men.