Would you wait for an abstinent partner?

If they refused to have sex until marriage?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, it's not like sex is rare or anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope.

Sex is incredibly important to me, and, for most couples, sexual compatibility is necessary for a great marriage. You really can't tell if you're sexually compatible unless you have sex. The insistence that premarital sex is dirty or perverse makes it a whole lot harder to have necessary conversations. If they view that sex is shameful and bad it isn't going to evaporate on our wedding night.

What Guys Said 7

• That means they have strong will and self respect. I find that far more loveable and desirable than sex. If a person has those traits they stand a very good chance at getting that marriage they want and then have sex after. :)

• My future wife will be as pure as a crystal and if heaven forbid she was a sex crazed maniac in the past, then she shall stay pure to appease me and our relationship.

• Sure, if she is also willing to do the same for me since I'm a virgin until the wedding night.

• No, because I don't want to date someone with a waiting until marriage mindset. I would wait years if they just didn't feel ready, but I'm not waiting until marriage (I probably wouldn't marry either).

• Yes. Though I do not want to actually take anyone's virginity. Too much work.

• If we're eventually going to have sex, then I'll wait for her. If she doesn't plan on having sex with me, then I don't want her.

• Intercourse or all sexuality?

What Girls Said 5

• I'm currently doing this. My boyfriend believes that sex is between a husband and wife and I'm willing to wait for him.

• No thank you. While I'm a virgin myself, I am not waiting for marriage and understand that being sexually compatible is important for a relationship. I wouldn't wait.

• I'm waiting so I would have to find a guy who will wait as well.

• I think love pushes way beyond the boundaries of sex. Nowadays it seems that sex is what defines love. Which is sad. And in my opinion, I disagree with even needing to explore "sexual compatibility" because sex is sex, it's always good and if not then spouses learn to make it good. I believe you can make it work with anyone and it's easier to do so when you actually love each other.. Most of the time it's because of selfish reasons that we desire to find a compatible sex partner, it's about them making us feel good. And that's where many marriages fail because they start on that basis of selfishness.
    It also gives the partners a chance to really figure out their true feelings for each other without sex in the picture. You can always get sex later on, to the point where you get tired of it and just want a genuine companion.

• Sex isn't a big deal to me. I wouldn't mind waiting.