Would you date someone with borderline personality disorder?

• no
  • yes
  • I don't know what it is

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone deserves the opportunity to date and have relationships. Nobody should be descriminated against, especially for a mental illness that they have acquired through no will of their own. Compared to some others and the poor decisions THAT THEY DECIDE TO MAKE in relationships, those with mental illnesses frankly could be seen as saints and much better suited to live as partners to others. Questions like this are sickening.

• Nah. The whole point of sexual selection is to discriminate for the best mate possible. Do you even evolution?

• You stated everyone should have the chance, no one should be discriminated.

But that's technically the point of sexual selection. To discriminate.

• "Nobody should be descriminated against." So how do you decide who you will date if you don't discriminate? Do you discriminate against ugly guys who are ugly through no fault of heir own? Do you discriminate against retardates, who are retarded through no fault of their own? What about paranoid schizophrenics who think you are in the FBI, sent to conduct surveillance on them; they inherited their schizophrenia. Do you really date guys in all those groups?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't mind at all. People with borderline personality disorder can get help, just like with many other mental illnesses, some can be treated some can reduce symptoms. And to be fair, most people don't even know they have a mental illness, especially BPD, OCD, ADHD.

I think most people are just afraid because of the stigma of "mental illness", which some think it must mean they are crazy people, psycho, would murder you and mess up your life, which really isn't true. A person without a mental illness can mess up your life as much as someone with a mental illness. Some also have to think about the severity of it. There are very mild levels of BPD, and there are severe levels of BPD. Big difference.

What Guys Said 18

• I can't throw stones in the mental illness department.
    I'm in a relationship with someone dealing with some of the same ones as me.
    Neither of us want kids and since both our disorders can be passed on Genetically thats a good thing,
    Neither of us are the right people to bring a new soul into this world
    We will get married someday though.
    I love my girlfriend Dearly and she loves me :)

• Well this isn't a fair question. I haven't found a girl yet without some sort of personality disorder.

Your question is "to what severity of a disorder are you willing to tolerate?"

• I spent 17 years married to a woman with BPD. Hell to the no! Never again!

• Depends...

Some "impulsive" and "reckless" behaviours from that group involve destroying, breaking or ruining items, killing people, ending their life "with a bang", or ruining others' lives impulsively - and generally having really bad possibilities.

• FUCK, I MEANT TO CLICK NO!

I'm so fucked, sofuckedsofuckedsofuckedsofucked!

Shit. Shitshitshitshitshit don't come to my house and kill me okay?

• No, I wouldn't.

• Hopefully not. That's pretty bad.

• I have dated girls with borderline personality disorder.

• nope, i wouldn't

• Nope I hate pp like that.

• It depends on the severity and how much it affected the relationship.

• Please elaborate 😶?

• "Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a serious mental illness that causes unstable moods, behavior, and relationships. People who have BPD suffer from: Problems regulating their emotions and thoughts. Impulsive and sometimes reckless behavior."

• Ok one last but most important question...
      Can you love someone who cares about you😶?

• Allow me to narrow it down further for understanding.

Borderlines see the world in black and white.

People are either on their good side or their bad side.
      They are very loyal and giving people so long as the haven't been betrayed. Once betrayed, you may as well be hitler, you'll rarely get back into their good graces.

Its a very sad and dibilitating mental illness and basically untreatable through medication and few behavioral psychologists will even take it on.

• If she had some good Kool-Aid i would <3

• Ofcourse i would.

• The question is, do i see a potential girlfriend->wife, or do i see loose ends that need fixing, IF they can be fixed at all.

• I suffer from mental disorder, so yes

• Yes, I would. I can heal her personality disorder.

• Having been personally involved with someone who has BPD, I would have to say no. When they adore you, it's great, but when they hate you, it's awful. Walking on eggshells for fear of setting them off is exhausting.

• NO. Without exception. Women with Cluster-B personality disorders are unfit for relationships. They can be very destructive to a man's life.

What Girls Said 8

• No i would rather not.

• Well, I hope someone would date me...

I have BPD. If my boyfriend did too, I would stay with him. I'm not going to not be with someone just because they have something that they can't help. As long as they are trying to control it and willing to get help, then I'll be with them. I try hard to not let having BPD control my life. I would hope the guy I'm dating would do the same.

• The few people I've known with BPD used their diagnosis as an excuse to be complete shit bags to the people they claimed to love. Perhaps if the person was actively working on themselves and put a serious and continuous effort into overcoming the challenges of their issues I would give it a shot, but I absolutely do not have the patience to deal with a manipulative, overly emotional, self absorbed ass hole.

• No I would not... I want a mentally strong man...

• I'm bipolar myself, but I don't fully understand what it means to be borderline.

• Black and white thinking. For them or against them. That kind of thing

• I dun think so.

• To be honest. I wouldn't date him if I discovered he had a personality disorder prior to going out with him. If I was dating him and got to know him well and he confided in me that he had a personality disorder I'd for definitely continue to date him. We all have issues we are dealing with.

• I need some examples as I'm not sure what personality disorder is. My husband is bi-polar and yes it's a roller coaster ride with his ups and downs but examples would be great.