Is it a bad thing if he says he wants to take it slow?

-We have really good sex, but while were "taking it slow" he wants to refrain from it.. god knows why if we have amazing sex
-We've been dating only a little more than a month
-I know he likes me a lot because he tells me everyday and gives me that look all the time
-He thinks we don't know each other enoughyet and that we raced into the whole dating thing. I knew him a month and we partied and cuddled and talked a lot getting to know eachother so you think that'd be enough. He used to sleep over at my place and wed talk in the mornings until the afternoon
We see eachother wednesdays, Friday, Saturday, and then he stays until around 4 on Sunday to talk. Other than that he still has his own life and school and work
so why is he asking to take things slow? Does he not like me enough or is he still unsure if I'm worth it? Ugh and why does he want to retract sex all of a sudden. We work so well together during!!!
Should I just give him up?
Cause on one hand i relaly like him and it ocudl just be he's afraid of something (god knows what) cause i don't think he's afraid of commitment or breaking up he tells me all the time sometimes it just doesn't work and he's good at preparing and separating himself.
BUT on the other hand i feel like well shouldn't i be with someone who's absolutely sure he wants me?
I just feel like because of this he likes me less especially since he mentioned this after we got in an argument and he told me that he doesn't think it's good that i'm still nervous around him and don't always know what to say and we have some awkward pauses in our conversations. but it's not like all of our convos are like this like i said we used to lie in bed just talking. but also shouldn't nervousness should be fine weve only been dating a month and we don't even see each other all the time.

Also what could he possibly want to take slower? we literally just watch movies and talk and have sex. Like it's not like i'm pressuring him about the future or anything.

he told me the reason was because it might make it "feel more natural" like what does that mean?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• You don't talk much or go out on traditional dates and you've only been seeing each other for a month or so. While I do believe that guys would prefer sex over a relationship, maybe your guy wants a proper relationship that's why he wants to take things slow. No guy would say no to sex with someone he likes, try working things out between yourselves. Go out on dates, find common interests and try getting comfortable with each other without sex. If that's too difficult for you, you can always seduce him. It'll work.

• are you sure it's not just because he doesn't feel like he knows me, though, and now he's having second thoughts about liking me?

It's confusing because he would tell me he liked me all the time, like he'd just look at me and smile and say he really liked me.
      I just hope he's not having second guesses. cause he's convinced we don't know each other well enough and rushed... though i disagree

• 1. Let him take the lead in the relationship
    2. Taking it slow is a REALLY good sign
    3. READ THE RULES, I have read this book, and it has made every guy I have ever met become crazy about me

• He wants to take it slow because he wants to further the relationship, think about it a guy who's in it for the sex would never bring up not having it, he's starting to like you on a deeper level and wants to get to know more than your body