Should flirting be considered cheating?

My boyfriend asked me that last night and I said yes. He asked me how? and why? I think flirting is chaeting stright up.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you respond to someone's else's flirting is basically you saying "I'm not completely fine with my bf/gf, I'll give this a shot and see how it goes". It's a 5 sec impulse, you don't think about it, but in the end it means you are wanting to leave some doors open "just in case". That's cheating, yeah.

Most Helpful Girl

• Flirting is emotional cheating. You're crossing a line from friendship and showing romantic interest. The only person you should be interested in flirting with is your SO. If not then it's probably best not to have one.

What Guys Said 8

• Cheating isn't just physical actions. It is also emotional. Say I meet you, and I start flirting with you even though I have a girlfriend. I am showing a romantic interest in you therefore, it is considered cheating to me. I don't know if cheating is best word to describe it but it is disrespectful and rude to do that if your relationship with someone.

• It depends on how YOU view it. And yes I do. Then again I really don't notice when I'm being flirted with. I'm just "naturally friendly." If my future gal noticed that I was being flirted with, we'd have a "code action" that would make me go "thank you, for saying that, but I'm really happy with..."

And yes I do

• i say nay, which is to say no.

• People just want to relax and have fun; no one is being serious, most of the time.

• It's emotional cheating to me.

• What is and is not flirting is open to interpretation and therefore saying that flirting is cheating could be a slippery slope. Theoretically any talking to somebody of the other gender while you are in a relationship could be viewed as cheating.

• No, flirting is harmless unless you follow through with something more.

• Flirting is harmless we all do it without even thinking about it it's natural we all do it in everyday life without even noticing.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes it's cheating! If my boyfriend flirts with someone else hés getting a slap and a break up!

• To me it is! I just don't like it.

• Cheating? No. Disrespectful? Yes.

• I would say no. I feel like flirting is part of the human nature, some do it better than others. As long as someone is not involving feelings and/or physical contact everything is fine.

• I dont think it's cheating. How do you even define flirting. You may as well say that if your parter looks at another person their a no good cheater.

• flirting is dishonorable unloyal

• Yes, it doesn't matter it doesn't have to be physical to be cheating, you don't have to have sex or kiss to be cheating. Flirting is emotionally cheating. You are showing romantic interest in that person.