Why would a guy shorten a girls name and then add nasty to it?

This guy I work with calls me vee nasty and it's really annoying
I said why would you ever say that. Even his friend was like wtf. He said it other times. And I said it's not right to call anyone that especially your manager. Then he said he was joking. So I just said don't say it
i don't understand why he would even say that

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know that's odd💁🏻

• That's what I'm thinking

Most Helpful Girl

• V Nasty is the name of a rapper from the Oakland area. Your name probably starts with V and he's just trying to be funny. I don't think it's a big deal.

What Guys Said 1

• Wait your his manager?

Man what an idiot. Tell him if he values his job he'll never say it again.

What Girls Said 2

• Tell him to stop it and if he doesn't talk to his boss. That behavior is unacceptable in the workplace.

• It sounds like a rap name or something similar, I doubt he means it in a rude way. However, it doesn't matter how he means it! If you expressly tell him not to and he continues to, then you have an issue. It's not really appropriate for him to be giving his manager a nickname, but I'm sure he meant it harmlessly and hopefully won't continue to use it.