Is it normal to be annoyed by my girlfriend constantly messaging me while she's on vacation?

I just started dating this girl about two months ago, she went away yesterday and since she has it's been non stop texts and snapchats from Panama City, am I wrong for being annoyed by it? I kinda wanted just a week off, not a constant update of what she's doing. Why is she not just relaxing and taking time off of me?

• Reasonable
  • Unreasonable

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know what is the frequency of her snapchats

but... I would think that a guy who really liked his girl would at least want to know how her day was going

Now if she is pushing it like lets say: hourly snapchats, then I'd see why u would be annoyed

maybe talk to her clamly about it. but pls be considerate. Girls get hurt by the smallest of things

• Like at least 3 snapchats an hour lol

• oh

that's a lot

hmm i think she may be just enthusiastic

try to ask her to diminish the amount of snapchats, but without hurting her feelings...

Most Helpful Guy

• Bit of both really. I mean I see where you're coming from but you could just tell her to put the phone down and enjoy the trip, you know?

What Girls Said 11

• Be happy she's thinking about you on vacation and not having a vacation fling or hooking up with other guys the entire time.

• Any ahe just not do either though? lol I guess you're right though.

• Reasonable lol! haha GUILITY AS CHARGE! I can't help it! Just tell her. Although i would be sad I have to get over it !

• Sounds abit intense to me. When I was about 4 months into my current relationship I went on holiday, he sent me about 4 messages in the course of a week which was nice, anymore than that I think I would have switched off. Its just too much overwise.

I guess its a compliment though.

• It's definitely possible to overtext even if it's from your romantic partner. How normal it is will depend on how often you like to text.

• I don't mind texting on the daily, but like if you're on vacay why not just relax and get away from everything is what I was thinking

• hmm well I do think that she is relaxing. but it is normal to miss u.

• The best thing about text messages is that you can respond to them whenever you want to.

• She thinks about you and misses you... I would get pissed if I didn't like him romantically but otherwise I would be happy.

• lol thaz cold

• I get annoyed when my boyfriend texts constantly. So I say you are being reasonable.

• Sounds like she's being too needy

• You should talk to her. She may honestly think that you miss her and enjoy her texts/snapchats and she probably misses you too. My boyfriend enjoys constantly hearing from me when either if us is away. If you wanted a "week off" from her then maybe you should think about whether or not you actually like her. It's normal to miss someone when they are away. Where is your relationship going if you look forward to a week without that person?

• Some people love communication, while others are fine with less. Sounds like she misses you or is thinking of you, so she is texting you what she's doing. I actually am not a big texter, it can get annoying when a guy keeps going when I just want to do something, but I just respond when I can. Just do what you want/need to do and text her back when you can, or tell her you'll be busy for a bit.

What Guys Said 0