Is smart sexy anymore?

Is it just looks nowadays? I see all these dumb men and frivolous girls flirting with each other who can't even remember what 9/11 was. Is smart a turn off, or am I going crazy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Smart is a turn on for some, others it can be a put off as they feel inferior but what is your definition of smart?

If you're talking academics I know a lot more about science and maths then my girlfriend and I can loose her when I'm talking about experiments at work but she knows a lot more than me on other things, so how do you define smart?

On the most part it is visuals first before you talk to them, you're not going to walk up to Quasimodo when you can talk to Prince charming.

If you're wondering if you are wondering if your good looking simple thing show us what you look like with no make up and not a selfie, so full body shots frontal, side and rear and we can let you know.

But you also could just be hitting on compete idiots.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't expect high quality attributes from low quality people.

What Guys Said 32

• *sigh* Again with this question. What is "smart"? Define intelligence. Chances are you can't, because science has no way to measure intelligence. The IQ is simply a vague measure of academic intelligence. Some definitions say that intelligence is adaptability. There are so many theories on what intelligence is. There's a theory that there are 9 different types of intelligence.

So when you say "smart", wtf are you talking about? Well. You're talking about your own, personal, *subjective* idea on what is smart and what is not. And everyone has that personal, *subjective* idea on what is smart and what is not. What is frivolous to you, could be genius to someone else.

And I'll say this right now. You are a fucking idiot. Why? Because literally everyone is a fucking idiot. We are not infallible. We are not omniscient. We have skills and knowledge in various, finite areas; but even the smartest of the smart, the most genius person that ever existed--lets use Einstein as an example--was a fucking idiot when it came to pretty much everything else. So while you might see someone as a moron, they might have other types of intelligence in other areas that you do not have, yourself.

On to attractiveness. Attractiveness is measure by personal experience, facial and body symmetry, shared genetic structures: i. e. "chemistry", societal standards and influence, and a bunch of other shit that I don't feel like typing out. One quality is not the determiner, despite attractiveness being the initial eye-catcher, so to speak.

Further. You just said "all these dumb men and frivolous girls flirting with each other." So, to be more accurate, your question should have been "is smart sexy to dumb people?"

• Yeah, thanks for being the one troll that I knew would come and try to ruin everything. Fuck off; you only wrote this because you don't know how to answer the question

• lol no one knows what a troll is. anyone who says anything someone doesn't like is a troll. asker just wanted people to say 'yeah smart is sexy, i agree with every single thing youve ever said' she can't even say what smart is. LOL seriously. who would think this was a troll post?

• i have to have a girl who has at least the same amount of intelligence and common sense as me, it probably makes me super picky but i like having conversations about how cool scientific breakthroughs are in certain fields...

i like people who think logically and through experience, not the closed minded ones that believe in things that are inconclusive.

• No, dumb is a turn-off. Then again, I suppose if the guy is dumb, he probably doesn't put a lot of emphasis on intelligence in women.

• Keep that intellect up sister. Although not the intellectual type haha Ron White was right in one thing: You really can't fix stupid. Intelligence makes a girl attractive in so many ways I'm not even going to try starting a list. Good for you for posting this question!

• Smart is absolutely attractive. But, just throwing out a related idea, many intelligent women can be manly too. Just to put it blunt. Being feminine is critical for attractiveness to many guys, particularly strong masculine men.

• Looks come first
    Intelligence comes second
    General knowledge comes third

But you do need the first two. You can't just have one.

• Intelligence defined how?

• I am not on FB, so I can't say. But most of my "interests" are things that are difficult, if not outright impossible, to put into a word or short phrase.

If I had to name my interests *that can be expressed as single words*, I'd probably hit you up with something like "lipstick, shoes, workouts, sex". I am actually a super nerdy dorkface nerdface dork, but you would never know.

Yes, lots of people are vapid bitches, sure (of both sexes). I'm in the fitness industry, which is full of them.
      But "intelligence" is all over the place. Often in very surprising places.

Last not least... you still put looks first, and intelligence second. Second is not first. You COULD have put intelligence in a tie for first...
      ... but you didn't.
      Just sayin.

• @redeyemindtricks yes I did. If you are completely unattractive, then your intelligence is irrelevant I'm whether you're a valid option to date or not. Sure you can hang out and be friends and stuff, but romantic relationship is out of the question.

Some people just write things down, and you can tell that they are just really really thoughtless. That even if you give them something that is "thought provoking", they are just literally incapable of thinking up anything of value. It's hard to put in words, though.

• Smart is sexy to high quality people seeking high quality people... which seem to be a minority compared to all these vapid folks!

• Yes because if I can't have a decent conversation I dont care how good you look our first date will be our last

• Smart has always been sexy. Always.

• Intelligence has always been something I've found attractive. Pretty sure a lot of people agree.

• Yes. lol. Smart is sexy just don't be a know it all and a condescending prick. Engineering student here and all of my classmates fit that criteria.

• Honestly, no, because with the advent of the internet and the power of referencing you really can't be smart anymore.

• Guys are always going to flirt with girls who are ditzy... but, at least with me, it never lasts more than a little bit. Then I realize how dense she is and move on.

• It's sexy as long as you don't sound pretentious, arrogant or overly sarcastic.

But yeah, general knowledge is a prerequisite to being attracted to someone else.

• Intelligence is always a plus, just don't be a complete smarty pants.

• Not for me. I would never be with a girl who has no brains again -been there, done that-. If I'm going to date, I'd either like the girl to be as smart as I am or even smarter.

• I like a smart woman but still need to be attracted to her

• Intelligence is extremely sexy!

• pretty sure it never was

• Smart is ALWAYS sexy.

• Looks are what draw me in. If u don't have that then doesn't matter if you're smart or not, cuz at the end of the day I'm selfish :D

• Who cares? Be who you are.

• Apparently not. I mean look around at all these girls posting pics of themselves

• Knowledge ≠ intelligence. You can be really smart and still not remember 9/11, these are unrelated.

• Iif smart have big tits and skinny

• Smart is only a turn off to the dumb. So do you want dumb people hitting on you? Count it as a blessing that they get together.

• I'd say looks are good for first impressions and keeping sex life interesting (theoretically). but i'd say personality and intelligence is what matters in the 'long run'

• for girls, seems attraction takes away brains, personality, and tolerance from having it easy. if she's 8 or up, shell more likely be dumber with less inner beauty.

havnet found this rarity other women tells me about ! lol

• Smart is a turn on to me. Looks will get a gal only so far with me. I'd get bored if she was dumb.

• Anymore? When was it ever sexy at all?

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 6

• So there's this thing, called internet forums? This thing you're looking at, like, now.

99(.9) percent of it is... smart people wasting time bantering about frivolous sh*t.

The real world isn't much different, except it smells a little worse.

• Yeah, you are so right, these days, it seems that... most guys like just mindless bimbos... while smart girls are usually considered as "nerdy" :(

• I don't know I think smart people are attractive but I can not speak for everyone. by the way Guys only approach girls if they think they are pretty.

• gotta find the balance between being smart and weak. men have to feel like men, yeah? el oh el

• I think it is a plus for an attractive girl to be smart.

• Yes. I love a guy with brains. The smarter the better.