How do I tell this girl I don't like her?

I thought this girl in high school was kind of cute, so I got her number from a friend, and I started snapchatting her and trying to get to know her better. We've been talking for about five days. And I honestly don't like her that much and don't want to have anything romantic.

I just feel bad because I'm the one who initiated contact with her and I was the one who told her she was cute first. She didn't even believe me at first but I reassured her that I did think she was cute and wanted to get to know her. So I tried to get to know her but now, I honestly don't see her that way. And now she already likes me and wants to hang out and has hearts by my name in her contacts, but I don't feel the same way about her. It's not because she's unattractive I just don't have feelings for her.

How can I tell her that I'm not interested without sounding like a jerk? I feel like a jerk because I'm totally leading her on and she's getting the wrong idea. How do I save this situation? She's a really sensitive girl and I don't want to hurt her feelings.

Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just move on! Tell her! Nothing like hard truth!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• Just be honest... Tell her that you find her cute, but you are the moment not looking for anything more but would like to stay friends. She probably will be hurt in some way but nothing better than honesty and being open and both moving on. That way you don't lead her on and she knows where you stand.

• I think you can find a way to be honest, believe me, girls get so little honesty from guys during break ups, she might appreciate it.

• I know it's easier said than done to just be honest. Honestly if she's the one always initiating the convo just be super blunt with her. Just be kind of boring and reply late and she'll get the hint. Don't be rude to her, but don't be overly enthusiastic when she texts or talks to you if that makes sense

• I would just be honest she will move on

• To late. You already did the damage.

• Say i do think you are cute and attractive but i dont want to lead you into thinking i want something serious... and end up hurting you...:(

• Translation: she does not want to have sex with me immediately so I don't like her anymore

• Just tell her that she is a good friend and if she still doesn't get it tell her you do not like her

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe you would develop feelings for her if you went out with her on a real date. You said she is cute, right?

• Just be nice and explain she's not what your looking for but you want to stay friends. And tell her too keep looking beautiful.

• You know, ordinarily I would suggest you tell the truth. There's a trick to telling this truth though. What about her have you come to dislike?

• Either be honest or be very unlikable but not mean.