Too young for older men?

I'm turning 17 in a couple of days, I feel as though guys at my school, and are my age, are too in mature for me. I love talking to older guys their mindsets are better and are just as chill as I am. I usually hang with my aunt's friends who are 19, 20. What age is the highest I should go?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think age is more or less just a number, but shared life experiences are important. As such, you should probably not be more than one "life phase" apart. You're in high school. Dating a college guy is probably okay. But someone who finished college and is working or in grad school, that's too much of a difference, in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Highest age?

76. No more than that though.

What Guys Said 16

• As long as it is legal where you live go nuts. affection is not based on age.

• my only problem with massive age difference is when the younger person sees the older person as some kind of "sugar daddy," and the older one sees the younger as a sexy trophy, but neither have any real connection to the other.
    look, if you found a 40 year old who loved you and could relate to you and did not find you childish for what you liked, and you found him attractive, fun to be around, and you cared for him, i'd say go for it.
    but, both with social acceptance, and with finding someone you can relate to, someone within 10 years of your own age is best, IMHO.
    Which sucks, because I'd love a 17-18 year old, fresh, lovely little thing. but could i actually relate to her and give her something meaningful? I'm not sure i could, and age is a big part of why.

• That's one concern, what if he only looked at me as a trophey? Everything seems to have its pros & cons.

• there is not really anything wrong with him seeing you as a trophy in some ways... just as long as he also sees you as a person, and cares for you as an equal. if he cares for you as an equal, you are partners. if he cares for you, but you are not his equal? that isn't partnership, and you're in a situation that won't end well.

• Absolutely right, thanks so much!

• I think you shouldn't get past 20 since you're still underage.

If in your state you're not legal to have sex, then stick to guys your age.

• From the what I've seen.. For men.. there's no age limit to date

Fucking disgusting it really is

Makes me sick

• I like how everyone's cordial since this is a female asking about older partners but if this was a guy talking about being too old for some girls, it would have probably been reported already.

• Personally, I'm fine with ten years younger and five years older. But that's me, age isn't a major priority in my family.

• As long as both are of legal age it's up to them who are they attracted to. I don't let age difference be the determining factor to whom I like or don't like I like who I like.

• Immature*. By the way, saying something like this ironically makes you immature. And I see that your 17. Your not even legal yet to be with older guys.

• You like guys that are a little older for your own reasons, but the one reason I know for sure is because the rest of the guys that are your age are lacking in maturity.

• 20.

Filler

• You're not even an adult. Of course you're too young for older men.

• Up to you, but personally you would be way too young for me. I would only date a couple of years younger. 19-20 isn't too bad, but it isn't legal for them yet.

• Don't date a guy older than 29... so guys under 30 should be good as long as they don't manipulate you

• Yes, you're too young. Is that even legal?

• up to 55 more experience

• For some older guys they wouldn't think you were too young for them. I'm personally not all that in to younger girls but I'm also in the minority of men that think that way. The highest you should go I guess is just where you can still connect with them on whatever level you are wanting to feel a bond and only if it's legal.

What Girls Said 3

• Hahah older guys in my opinion 19 20 guys still act the same way like they did in high school. I think it just depends on the guy and if he happens to be older then it's just a number.

• You're right it does depend on the person.

• Your fine, go right ahead.

• age is just a number