Do you believe most of the guys on gag that constantly complain women/girls should approach more would actually ever get approached if we did?

I honestly highly doubt it. I think the only difference would be instead of being rejected just as often they also would have to deal with constantly being overlooked for the same boys who already normally get the girls. ultimately, only a select few shy guys would benefit from it, as they already do.

• yes, they would have better luck if women did approach more
  • no, they still wouldn't have much luck with women

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. Even if women did approach men, it does not mean that they will seek out the whiners/complainers. That's an erroneous thought process.

"I'm not getting women because every time I approach, they reject me. So they should come to me."

If they rejected you when YOU approached, what makes you think that plenty of women will approach you if more women were to be the "hunter"? It's just another rejection that I think many of them will face... and complain about.

What Guys Said 20

• why not just say what you intend to say: "i find these men to be beta losers. i would shoot them down if the approached me, and i would never approach them. mock these pussies."

• "no, they still wouldn't have much luck with women" Well unless women chose to stay in their own league's dating wise, right? Because all of the average looking dudes of the world would benefit from this and so would the hot guys. But we'll know how that the "uglies" of the world would fair, right? They'd be approached maybe once a year and I feel that I'm being generous with that.

• Since it's not a secret that dick doesn't have any value in this society and unlike with "ugly girls' who have a coochie "to get them over the hump". We as guys have a "dick" that usually comes a dime a dozen in this society.

• I'm laughing cause I know this pissed somebody off. If questions still had star ratings this would get held down at 1 or 2. But yeah you right though

• You are assuming they never get approached. I would assume that most of them just don't get approached as often as they would like. Therefore it would only increase their odds of being approached.

• if they ever were they wouldn't be complaining. ;)

• then don't wuss out.

• It isn't about wussing out. Sometimes a guy has no idea a woman is interested. It is unreasonable to think guys should run up and ask out every single woman we find attractive. A woman asking a guy out is just her opening up a clear line of communication. That is understandably going to be helpful.

• I think a lot of people who complain have a legitimate grievance.
    It wouldn't help me, but I think there are some regular guys out there who would probably get approached every now and then if girls did so more often.

• I think some guy would for sure, those are the guy that women do technically approach already. they just don't make a real move.

the guys complaining about it, I think would still have no luck. most of them anyway.

• Women approach so rarely that when they do it is by far the most flattering thing I've experienced to this day.

• that's sweet, but you didn't answer the actual question.

• I suppose that's true. Since I don't really know what the majority of male GAGers look like, I'm going to be on the optimistic side and say that they would probably have better luck if women approached more often.

Then again, a lot of them seem like trolls...

• I've been approached by women. Women have flirted with me and tried to get closer to me. Women definitely approach. I just think some people don't like that men or women don't approach them specifically.

• You are probably right, about me at least, women aren't attracted to me, and to be honest I don't blame them.

• Can u paraphrase the question XD I can't fully understand it

• lol, ok..

if girls did actually approach boys instead of the other way around, would the guy who complain about it ever actually get approached

• well, start befriending some more dominant females then ;)

• Affirmative!

• I think they would benefit because sooner or later the right girl would approach them.

• "the right girl"

well by that logic, I wish the right boys would approach me, instead of the cocky ones who do now.

• I know for a fact that no living person would approach me.

There is a good reason for this.

• I'm terrified of rejection just as much as girls. I think both genders should approach equally. Afterall, doesn't everyone want equality?

• ok. would you like to actually answer the question asked?

• Well, you don't ask all of them. You look for clues that she might like you, etc. But I don't think 5% is an overstatement. I don't expect that every single women would love me.

• @timbergag Equality has nothing to do with the individual choice of approaching.

• Women only find the top 20% of men "above average"

• yawwwn! that 20/80 crap is complete nonsense

• Complete nonsense? So when people to a study asking women to rate attractiveness using dating website profile pictures and the women only rate 20% as above average you are saying it's because that group isn't a representative sample of men? That they somehow don't count.

Is that it?

• I think the problem is I always think a girl will violently attack me or scream at me if I approach her. Is that normal? I would actually prefer to approach girls.

• well, that makes sense, considering women violently attack men just because they spoke to them all the time. ;)

• When I was a kid, girls used to bully me, too. No one messes with me anymore. Everyone moves out of my way now. I look intimidating I guess.

• Women would only approach the perfect looking guys so it wouldn't make a difference.

• men care more about looks than women do. I don't think just looks would determine who would get approached, just as it doesn't now.

• They can forgive it if he has enough money, high enough social status and enough things to off balance his poor looks.

• if they like his personality, have good common interests.

few women are actual gold diggers

• What solutuon do you have for guys who get rejected too much?

• approach less attractive women.

• sure. but but regardless of your "type" everyone knows who's more or less attractive.

• You girls are so confusing.

• It doesn't matter. People in general are selfish judgmental beings. Guys only ask the hot girls, girls only ask the hot guys. All the regular people fall bassackwards into a relationship because someone realizes "love was right in front of me all along." And some people live alone, overlooked by everyone, and die alone.

• They would do better. Period.

Approaching. Dating. Even to a surprising extent, physical attraction -- it's a SKILL. Practice, analysis, experimentation... they lead to greater skill.

This is something successful men know by experience.

It's revealing that all women have voted "No" on the poll. Women tend to be passive in dating (and in life generally) -- it's no coincidence that women often believe in fate and signs. But those are Bullshit. They're simply experiencing the skill of a practiced man when they get swept off their feet.

There are no "naturals." Just men who did the difficult learning while still young.

Women have the luxury of believing in fantasy. Men don't.

Men, if you want success in dating, you have to put in the practice. You will be awkward at times. Some women will get annoyed with you. But you can increase your ability and have dating success. Approach as many women as possible, stack up the rejections, and learn a lesson from each.

I'd also advise not to take dating advice from women... by and large, they know very little about it.

• Misread your question a touch.

Until they started doing the work and practice necessary, they likely wouldn't get approached as often. Not with consistency.

The biggest issue would be not noticing she was attracted. Women rarely approach directly. It's usually a nonverbal invitation for the man to approach. A verbal approach is rare.

• also, I disagree, there's definitely some naturals, on both sides of the dating game.

• I don't do any work or practice? I still get approached often though, so I'm confused what you're talking about

• The main problem with your hypothesis is that you assume all shy guys are unattractive trolls who no woman would want. That's not the case at all. There are relatively unattractive guys who get tons of pussy, and there are good-looking guys who remain virgins for a long time. Life's complicated like that.

• I don't assume that. like I said to another guy, the shy ones who get women now are the ones who usually date more forward/dominant women. it would go the same for them in either scenario.

• But guys still have to initiate, even with more forward women. No, there are definitely guys who would benefit were girls suddenly more inclined to ask guys out.

• Well why dont you get every woman in the world to start asking guys out and we will see for sure :)

What Girls Said 6

• Let's imagine it's the social norm for the women to primarily do the asking. Maybe society is going that way? There would be a bunch if guys sulking watching their more desirable friends get asked to dance or get bought drinks or whatever and not them. There would be that male ego: "What does he have that I don't have?" thing going on. It would be simply pathetic. A desireable guy is or isn't. He actually has a better chance doing the asking so guys should stop complaining before they put themselves in a position where they are completely overlooked. Sorry but this is nature.

• yea, I totally agree. I think the asker has more power than the person waiting to be asked. especially when you take in to account the person doing the asking probably asks way more than the askee (?) gets asked so more chances.

I hope this makes sense, not sure I worded it well

• ugh! I meant to give you the MHO.

• No one likes a whiner.

• Eh... i feel like they just crying little apple soldiers... GO TALK TO THE DAMN GIRL/GUY! If he or she like the person it doesn't matter go talk to her/him and flirt DAMNIT why is it hard for you to understand! Who ever like the one person more you got win the heart of the clueless one!

• I honestly don't think it would help some guys.

• I don't either. I think most of the guys fearing rejection fear it because they know most women wouldn't be interested in them.

• I think about this a lot when I see those questions lmao. Girls would ask out the outgoing good looking guys, just like guys only ask out the good looking girls with nice bodies.

• I'm not outgoing and get asked all the time. I don't think that really matters. but yea, the good looking guys would get asked the most

• guys donnt have to be outgoing either. you're assuming all women want the same thing, which isn't the case.

• #notallmen #notallwomen
      Not everyone would get approached by a girl!
      Not all girls would approach a good looking guy!
      Not all men want to be approached by girls!
      Not everyone likes compliments!
      Not all men want an attractive girl with a pretty face!
      Not all women like a guy who clicks with their personality perfectly!

• I totally agree. Unfortunately