True or false: It's good to be picky when it comes to dating?

• Yes, being picky is a good thing
  • No, it's not a good thing

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends.
    Are they superficial reasons?
    Will those reasons matter five years from now? Ten? Twenty? Forty?
    Is it possible for you to accept them if you found out they're actually pretty awesome? If they treated you amazing?

Are you, as a woman, selling yourself short because you never meet these men and allow your social instincts to kick in? Do you value reading a profile over a face-to-face meeting to determine suitability? If not, shouldn't you commit to going on more dates in case a bad profile is concealing a great guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is! I am picky and I would never lower my standards because I don't date for the fun of it, I date while the prospective that this man is a good potential husband and father, that's one of the reason why I'm still single, it's because I didn't meet such men so far.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes and no. Generally its good but you can miss a good catch if you are too selective.

• I don't see why beeing picky with dates is Bad. People are picky with their food when they want to buy a car. And whenswhen it come to something very important like an commited realtionship they shouldn't be picky? Though there are people who are over picky they won't accept anybody because they deep down don't accept themselfs.

• Yes, well, at least I hope so lol BC I am

• What do you mean? What exactly are your reasons?

• if your going to spend the rest of you life with some one you should be a little picky

• It's good to be as picky as your opportunities will allow. If you have a lot to choose from by all means be picky but if you don't...

• Yeah it's good to be picky when looking for a committed partner. I'm not picky so guess what I'm doing?

What Girls Said 6

• Of course!

• Yes, as long as you're not going for people out of your league, who don't want to date you.

• Picky is good as long as your standards are realistic

• I think you have to be accepting of them but also be picky because they need to appeal to you

• I'm very selective about who I date. I've been in unhappy relationships and I never want to feel that unhappy again.

• Yes. Don't settle.
    But don't be too picky either to the point no one meets your standards.