Girls, the opposite of love is indifference, but why is this girl so emotional and angry when we end things after she says she has no feelings for me?

After a while of hot and cold behaviour, and numerous mixed signals, I finally told her how I felt but she told me she doesn't have feelings for me. I then said I think it would be better to stop seeing each other completely, because it's too hard for me if she doesn't have any feelings and she got mad and stormed out of the room and cried.

We met up the day after and she seemed irritated by seeing me and was mad and said with tears in her eyes that she doesn't want to see me anymore.

The opposite of love is indifference, and in most cases ending things with someone you don't have feelings for is done in a calm and rational manner. This was C R A Z Y and emotional and we were only dating for a couple of months. Why would she say she doesn't have feelings for me and then get all emotional like that? A week before she seemed completely into me, a week later she claims she has no feelings, out of the blue, but cries and is mad at me.

3

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 3

• This is tricky, but I would guess that either 1) she was on the fence herself for some reason, and she was forced to make a decision when you told her about your feelings and now is kicking herself. 2) She was playing hard to get and got her pride hurt when you said you would leave because she wasn't returning her feelings (instead of trying more).

Either way I would walk away. She's not being clear about her feelings even after you were clear with her AND made the effort to see her a 2nd time another day. There's something she isn't telling you and if this minnie drama didn't make her explain herself more fully, she's probably always going to be unclear about everything.

• Rejection still sucks for some people. I think it's the idea of being single that upsets her. She has some emotional issues she needs to figure out. I say walk away. You need to move on and she needs to find herself.

• She doesn't have erotic feelings for you, but she sees you as a dear friend, therefore it is understandable that she got hurt from your decision to stop seeing each other. I don't understand what's so hard to comprehend.

• I forgot to add that we were DATING and hooking up for a couple of months, so she did have erotic feelings for me. We have never been friends, we have been dating and had a fling on/off. It she was just a crush I was friends with then fine, but we were never friends to begin with. That's why I'm confused.