Talk about what this means?

If you only had so many tickets to your graduation and it was between your sibling and your fiance who would you take and why? I would choose my fiance hands down. I can't imagine not having the person i am choosing to spend the rest of my life with and who i plan a future with not there to be that is crazy. My poor best friend her fiance is choosing his brother over her and my friend is so hurt like she is being chosen as second best to his family. Im like well if your fiance doesn't see you as important as family after he proposed to you then maybe u guys need to have a serious talk about what it means to support each other and be each others main priority.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say you would be making an excellent choice by choosing your fiance and your courage is really appreciable. Good to see your confidence that you can bravely choose the one you love over your family.

In my case this situation will never happen, because I wish to stay single forever, but still hypothetically speaking, assuming that I am faced with this situation then of course I will choose the one I love and not my family. Why? if course I have my reasons for that also

Most Helpful Girl

• I would choose my sibling. I'm sorry but I may love my SO but family is extremely important to me and have been in my life a lot longer. And I'm sure they would understand that.

• Yeah but your fiance you are about to settle down with and possibly have kids together. How can you not want the person to see you graduate who you have literally just said you are willing to spend the rest of your life with? They are your family and if you see your fiance as not as important or as a separate entity as family then maybe that person isn't ready to be engaged yet. Also you will always know your sibling longer then your spouse fiance boyfriend girlfriend whatever does that mean that they always get chosen over them? I could understand choosing a sibling over a boyfriend or girlfriend if u haven't been together that long but over a fiance i would be extremely hurt if i was the fiance

• I'm saying if he was my fiancé he would already know me and not get upset about it. My sister is 13. My fiancé and I are not married yet so we technically not family yet. Yes I love him and wouldn't hold him above family nor below but if a choice had to be made I would pick my sister.

• Ok but just because you dont have that official piece off paper doesn't mean you aren't family. Family is what you make it and i would think if you are serious enough to know u wanna spend the rest of your life with him than that makes him family. To be family doesn't just mean shares blood and genes. My very best friend is family and we aren't biologically related

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I would think your sibling would be happy not to attend. Those things take forever.

• I know right! Like i would think that the fiance would rather be there before the sibling would. I would be really hurt to be seen as second best after a sibling

• I'd choose my sibling as well. And that wouldn't mean that I loved my SO any less. I'm very close with my sister and I couldn't imagine her not being there.

• Well wouldn't you consider your self close to the person you are about to marry and who you chose to spend the rest of your life with. What if your fiance said they were really hurt and said they felt like u didn't consider them as important as your sibling? Also i could understand if this was just a boyfriend or girlfriend but this is the person you already said yes i am willing to marry you to

• We obviously have a difference of opinions, so let's agree to disagree and move on.

• Sorry wrong poster there was someone else who was hell bent that no matter what a fiance isn't as important as fam

• Obviously my sibling, especially if I'm close with them. I don't care if he's my fiancé, he has a special place too but family is family and they've been there through it all. I'd want somebody that knows everything about me there. It doesn't make his position in my life any less.

• Thats funny that you say obviously your sibling. Because im thinking that the person you are about to marry trumps all. Yes family above a new boyfriend or girlfriend but a fiance. And ummm hasn't your fiance been there through it all and doesn't the man you said yes to marrying know everything about you thats literally the point of saying yes to marriage is that you can trust that person completely and they know you better than anyone. I would be extremely hurt if my own fiance chose his sibling over me because i would find it extremely odd that the person he asked to be by his side and wake up next to eveyday and commit his life to he didn't want there

• And no most people would chose a fiance.

• Marriage doesn't automatically mean your family. What about couples who have been together years and years are they not family because they aren't married? No family means that you have that persons back no matter what and they are there for you ajd a fiance or a long term partner literally fits that definition. You dont gace to be married to your partner to be fanilyw tons of couples now a days never get married and they are just as serious and family to each other as couples who are married