Heartbreak turned me heartless, and my friends are trying to reverse it. Do you agree?

I have been screwed over and been mistreated by a fair amount of guys but only one has truly hurt me. Long story short he stopped talking to me all of a sudden, nd I was too much of a coward to ask him what went wrong. He just stopped lookin at me. Stoped smiling, texting etc. Just like that it was over. I gave my all to Him and he just brushed me aside and 8 months later I am still dealing with the aftermath of everything that happened between us. my friends tell me that I am mean now (to guys ), that I am heartless and cold, but I don't see it as that. I think of it like this: if you have a heart you get heart broken if you're heartless you don't get hurt. it took so much to bounce back from this guy and still to this day. It is a process. Im wiser than before and more guarded than ever, in a way I'm thankful for the heartbreak, but now because of it I never wanna "love" again. It is sooooo exhausting and usually ends up leaving a big shit of disappointment on my front door. So why are my friends tripping so hard. Their relationships aren't gonna survive life outside of high school anyways. So why bother. Its really a waste of emotions.

• Stay the way I am
  • Change

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should just stay as you are. You seem confident about that, so don't let other people influence you and your thinking. Stay strong.

What Guys Said 6

• Here is what I am going to say. Stop choosing these guys. You chose these guys, so take responsibility and learn the lesson. Insanity is repeating something over and over. You can't change a guy, no matter how hard you try. If you have to change a lot and compromise for someone else, then it won't work.

• Listen, this is nothing to worry about. It gets way better. By the time you graduate and live in the real world, you'll forget about what's his face.
    Want a good example, ask your mom about her HS crush and see if she remembers it all that well.

• Nobody except you will care if you insist on martyring yourself like this.

• YYou'll never be happy being like this

• Your personality is who you are you dont have to change for someone else,

• Never change

What Girls Said 1

• Odds are that you will eventually change anyway. It's healthier for you to have that stance during high school though. So I voted A.

• Your right but i think this is the perfect mindset in high school so yeah i probably will change but for now. ... lol no