Is this really how Dating works? I find it quite depressing as an unattractive male?

Some snippets.

After years of broken hearts and deceit by the hot men we so yearned after, women are really just looking for someone to show a little worship, a little praise. As the Stone Roses so eloquently put it, “I wanna be adored!”

Most Helpful Girl

• This is interesting... I don't think women as a whole want to be worshiped. That's a bit of a stretch-we just want to be truly loved..
    As for appearances... everyone has their own taste right? Some guy might think I'm exotic and beautiful and another guy might think I'm weird and ugly. So... some girls will think you are especially handsome and some may not-but in the end it doesn't matter... I once thought a guy was sooo handsome and perfect and then he made me mad and became so disgusting to me lol... so dont worry-smart girls aren't looking for perfection on the outside...

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of it is correct but quite a few debatable too :)

Ofcourse there's no thumb rule to anything. I've known situations where the less hot guy acquires so much confidence by various things like other hot women giving him attention cause at some point of time he has eyes only for her blah blah that he jumps the gun errr bed and history repeats :) There is women & men psychology here too and indepth at that.

We humans tend trying to play god but there are always exceptions and nature's laws are too deep and intricate for us yet to understand :)

What Girls Said 2

• There's no such thing as an unattractive guy. I've had crushes on guys my friends considered "ugly" but their personality made me drawn to them and I saw them as super attractive in my eyes
    After I realised they were assholes they became unattractive to me because of what they did

• It can be true, for some cases. But not all cases are the same.

What Guys Said 6

• All I can say - If I was down to my last euro and I was made to bet - I would bet the writer of that article is single and has been for a while - Total bullshit.

• I hope and pray that my angry-pants resting bitch face and my aggressive mannerisms scare these car crash women away.

• I am not unattractive although i am quite above average... but I still felt bad after reading this... This is why divorce is high in western society...

• Yeah, actually.

• waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long bro

• I couldn't disagree more. If you kiss a woman's feet she will generally step over you. Women want all sorts of different things but only the most insecure and narcissistic want to be adored. Most are much happier with a balance, a guy who thinks enough of himself not to put his hands under their feet but enough of them to show some appreciation. It's like the definition of charm, "the ability to convince someone else you are both wonderful fellows".