My girlfriend went to a party and this happened? I feel jealous. Thoughts?

I have been dating her for 7 months and I love her a lot. And she loves me as well. She went to a party last week. It was mostly girls there and 2 guys. And one of the guy approached her. And she told me about him. And apparently they talked a lot through out the whole party. She went home at around 3 in the morning. She did take one shot as she told me. She told me that she mentioned me in the conversation when he was asking her about her life and stuff. I feel like she didn't have to talk to him the whole time she was there. She could have talked to one of her friends! The thing is that I feel jealous, this feeling in my heart that something bad happened or like she didn't tell me something, like left out something. She told me that he was nice and I asked her if they exchanged number and she said she didn't. And honestly chances are they are probably not gonna see each other again. I don't know why I get so jealous when it comes to her talking to guys. She tells me everything and she is sweet. And I trust her. But I can't get rid of this feeling. I almost want to break up with her! Should I? I feel like that wouldn't solve the problem because if I go date someone else it'll be the same problem because there will always be other guys talking to girlfriend.

Please advice! It's making me go crazy. And I don't want to ruin my relationship with her

Most Helpful Guy

• You never want to come off as jealous, bro. That can put a lot of unnecessary strain on a relationship. Think about it from her perspective: in all likelihood, everything happened as she said it did, so imagine how frustrating it would be to deal with you freaking out about something that didn't even happen, and not giving her the benefit of the doubt, and now she's wondering if she's allowed to go anywhere alone without you getting bugged out.

My motto with women has always been: you just gotta let the birds fly. Girls, and just people in general, are going to do what they're going to do. It's completely out of your control, the only thing in your control is how you respond. I get that you love her and all, but you can't act like she's your first or last girlfriend ever, even if she is. Everybody is replaceable at the end of the day, once you get past the flowery romantic sentiments. I'm not saying to treat her like she doesn't matter, but you have to have the mindset where you know you'll be just fine whether she stays or goes. Don't outwardly say that to her of course, but just know it in your own mind.

So just take her on her word, that's all you can do. It probably happened the way she said it. Don't let your imagination run wild on you, you'll drive yourself nuts every time you're apart. Unless you have a solid reason to believe otherwise, you have to trust in the love you guys have. And few things will push a woman away faster than jealousy, so don't be that guy. Trust is a major part of a relationship, and if you don't have it, that's more of a threat to it than infidelity is. Remember that you guys don't own each other, you just trust in one another to do the right thing. And flip the situation: what would you be thinking if you talked to some girl at a party platonically, disclosed your relationship to her, and just had a good conversation, whether she was hitting on you or not, and you go home and get the third degree from your girl about it? I've been there myself, and it fucking sucks. So again, don't be that guy. You love your girl, she loves you, and you've been together for a few months where you should have an idea of what she's about. I'm not saying a girl has never cheated before, but unless you have reason to think she's that type, there's no reason to trip. And if you think she's that type, you shouldn't be with her anyway, and the jealousy is a moot emotion. It wouldn't sweat it, bro.

• Thank you for your comment. And it really helped me. It still bothers me but I will work on it. But the thing I forgot to mention is that I had to ask to her if she had talked to guy at the party. I don't think she was planning on telling me about him. I don't know. I am gonna think about it and thank you.

What Girls Said 4

• I think you're just jealous because she gave another guy a lot of attention even if it was platonically, perhaps she just really enjoyed talking to him, she could talk to her friends yes, however its more interesting to talk with people you barely know and yo know aren't gonna see again.

• It sounds like you're just crazy paranoid. Your girlfriend did absolutely nothing wrong.

• So your girlfriend made a drunk friend and you want to break up with her because when you're in a relationship you should never speak to people of the opposite sex.

• I don't want to break up with her because of that reason but what if she is hiding something?

• One thing I forgot to mention is that. I had to ask her about this stuff. She didn't tell me willingly. I had to ask her if there were guys she talked to! Up until to that point she was referring to them as her friends roommate. I don't know if this helps. But it is annoying. I hope you can give me advice

• Message me asker because I have had enough of little MRAs.

• He was just talking to her, and she did make it clear she wasn't available. She's able to have friends, even if they are guys. It's natural to be jealous but breaking up with her for this? That's a bit much.

What Guys Said 6

• She's allowed to talk to members of the opposite gender. You can't be jealous or insecure about stuff like this. She told you what happened, and from what you've said you have no reason to doubt her, so I don't understand what the issue is?

I mean to even think about breaking up with someone because they spoke to the opposite gender tells me you're probably not relationship ready. I would suggest looking at yourself and identifying if that's the way you want to go.

• ^^ exactly

• Okay, well that's the hard part. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

• I am 19. And she is 20.

• Take a deep breath man, feel good she told you. When she starts being dishonest then you can worry. Don't sulk about looking jealous or pissy, trust me it'll make it worse. Say you find out something further between the 2 then feel free to play detective. All in all she told you therefore she still wants you.

• Jealousy is perfectly natural. How you handle it is what defines you as a person. She didn't do anything wrong.

• Get over this dude or it will eat a damn hole in you. Jealousy is as bad as cancer.

• Don't listen to the woman. If you were a woman who said this, the same women would tell you that there must be something going on in your relationship to make you feel suspicious and to trust your instincts.

• I don't think you have anything to worry about