Casual coffee shop, nice dinner, or other: which is the best overall option for a guy to take a girl to on a first date?

It seems as if this topic has been discussed lately, and I can see why. Both options have pros and cons.

Suppose guy takes a girl to a coffee shop, around 2:00 p. m., on a first date. The pro is that he won't appear to be trying to rush things. However, the con is, he may appear to be a tightwad.

On the other hand, suppose a guy takes a girl to a nice restaurant like Outback for dinner on a first date. The pro is that he won't look cheap. But the con could be that he may appear to be trying to rush things.

I realize that there are other options for a first date. Of course, if you think that another option is more ideal than the two first options, feel free to vote as option C, "other." Then explain what you suggest. Thanks.

• Casual coffee shop
  • Nice dinner
  • Other

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I think casual coffee shop is a good for a start.