Girls, Would you ever date a guy that self-harmed and is still currently self-harming and has thought about suicide?

1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would. And I would also try my best to help her overcome her issues. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• If he was like that I wouldn't think being in a relationship would help things. I would be a supportive friend and try to help him through whatever it was before I even thought about dating him.

What Guys Said 20

• Eeer it's a hard one, yes I would if I liked her and support her for love and no because it'd be hard to see her suffer and would also be dragging my life down too.

• Probably. But you need to work on yourself before you decide to get into a relationship. Depression and a relationship is an ugly cocktail that almost never ends well.

• Yes, I would, me and my girlfriend have mental illness ourself,
    1st thing to consider is things like this
    Neither of us want kids and both of us have illnesss that can be passed on genetically, we are not the people to bring a new soul into this world..
    Second thing is yes, you will find someone who will love you with all their heart.
    Thirdly. As someone will mental disorders themself I implore you to get help

• It would make things a bit harder I suppose although it does not mean I won't date her. If someone truly care and love someone else they would try to help that person and would not just run away. Also remember things almost always get better with time especially when your are as young as you are since life changes quite a lot as teen.

• Nope , I would become her mentor.

• As soon as I knew that you self-harmed yourself, I would search help for you. Until you get the help you need, I would back off a bit. I would keep in touch, but it would be hard to date someone that wants to hurt herself.

• I would date a girl who has hurt herself but only if she stopped and was getting treatment to make sure it doesn't happen again

• Not unless he's emo or equally perturbed.

• No problem until you're loyal and may start loving me. So usually guys won't care much and help you to get rid of that shit!

• I would not

• Oh hell no, I don't need all of her damn drama in my life.

• I've dated a girl that did that, didn't know it when I started. You really should get the help you need before thinking about dating someone. It's very stressful and causes more unnecessary pain for both of you. He'll start feeling helpless if you do it when you're with him because he couldn't do anything to prevent it, and you'll start feeling guilty because he's hurting now too, which makes it even worse for you. In the end, I got her to stop for a good while, but she did it again and I couldn't help but feel betrayed about it. We'd spent the better part of two years where every time she felt the need, she called upon me and I was always there for her. Then she didn't call for me, and she almost died from it. I'd never felt more helpless in my life than at that moment. And she knew it when she did it, which made it worse on her. There is no good reason to self harm. Whether whatever caused you to do it is your fault or not, there are other ways to cope. If it truly is your fault, not just you believing it is, then just learn from it. If it's not your fault, then that's an even worse reason. Say you cheat on a boyfriend and he breaks up with you, that's your fault. But it's no reason to self harm. You figure out the core reason you did it and learn from it to not do it again. If he cheats on you and breaks up with you, that's not your fault, it's his. And you just realize he wasn't good enough anyway and move on. Those are just examples, not saying either are your reasons, but there are other ways to cope. Write, get into a hobby of some kind. When I get that down, I write, I talk to someone close, I work, I read, I build things, etc.. It's not a deal breaker but it's your responsibility to get in a happier state of mind before bringing someone else into your life. Trust me, it'll be a lot easier on you in the end

• Just stop, get some help and know that you are not ready for dating nor should that be on your list of priorities. You live one time so make the best of it.

• Personally, no I wouldn't.

• No, she needs therapy.

• I'd probably want her to get her shit together first. Sorry for the harsh turn of phrase it's just you shouldn't be dating if you're in that kind of state.

What Girls Said 0