Guys, have you ever been JUST friends with an attractive girl before?

Guys, have you ever been just friends with a girl who you thought was attractive, and never fell for her? Or at least had feelings for her at one point?

• Yes I have been just friends with an attractive girl
    79% (81)
  • No I haven't been just friends with an attractive girl
    21% (22)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

28

Most Helpful Guy

• There are four levels of relationships in a human society, and no other can exist besides those four:
    a) Total strangers.
    b) Known persons (neighbors, colleagues etc)
    c) Friends/enemies (higher in the passion scale; they care for/hate you more than b) and
    d) Flirt mates/lovers/spouses (sex or desire for sex is involved)

The problem with this scale is that you can only move upwards (a through d) and never downwards. For instance a neighbor can never become a perfect stranger no matter how many decades pass without seeing him and a former wife will for ever be "your ex" no matter how much friends/enemies you may have become after the divorce.

According to this scale when sex/desire is involved, every relationship is upgraded to d immediately. For example, if two perfect strangers have an ONS and then - two years later - the man sees the girl on the street, he will tell his friends: "Guys! Look over there! A girl I once screwed" and not "Oh! There's a perfect stranger" or "A good friend of mine" because the obvious question ensues: "Where did you met her?" and he has to reply "We just had sex once" (class d).
    In the same way, if two friends have sex they are not friends any more. They are class d.

When between two persons things can proceed up to class d they can never (ever) remain to classes a/b/c (unless at least one of them is so ugly/unattractive). And in the natural course of things, between a man and a woman (both fairly attractive) things can escalate up to d.
    Golden rule: Friends don't have sex/desire (or think of them). If they do (even just naughty thoughts) they are friends no more.

I can't imagine two guys drinking beer in a bowling center (or two girls talking about lipsticks) to think nude of each other: "Hey, dude! Your ass is hot! I'll lick it!". That's why two girls may change swimsuits in the same locker room without feeling attraction from their nudity. For the same reason (nude) players of a sports team don't (normally) fuck among them in the changing/hotel rooms. They are not attracted to each other. They are friends/colleagues. They only arrive to classes b/c.

But imagine two opposite-sex friends to change/sleep in the same room! An awkward situation! Because they can proceed to class d, they will be attracted to each other (at least unilaterally).

So, If you can (possibly) be lovers you can't be friends. If a girl/guy wants you to be JUST friends is a polite way to dismiss you or tell you that she/he finds you unattractive.

What Guys Said 27

• it's great to communicate with a girl, and sometimes you communicate better as friends than you would in a fling.. because after the fling is over, she usually isn't going to talk to you...

• I voted yes but I still wanted to fuck them

• I'm freinds with several girls many of whom are just not my type. I did start to like one of them so I told her that I was starting to like her and she simply said that she was not into me. That ended that and now we are much better freinds because of it. If girls and guys are freinds and they don't tell each other that one has a crush on the other that is when it is not health.

• Yes. One in particular, she was gorgeous - could have easily been a model. I fell for her pretty hard but then learned she broke up with her boyfriend to be with this other guy, and realized she only cared about money. She was able to with her looks alone. After that I had to remove her from my life, I felt like she really liked me and I knew it wasn't going well with her ex boyfriend but once I found out she was with another guy and moving in with him and redecorating everything for him with his money - I couldn't be around her anymore.

• yeah. didn't work out in the end.

• Yes, numerous times. I didn't pursue as a SO just because we obviously weren't each other types. But physically, def attractive.

• Two of my closest friends are very attractive girls. They're single, I'm single, and there will never be anything more than friendship here.

• I have never been friends with a girl that I found to be physically attractive and not at least sometime during that relationship at least CONSIDERRD or pondered about us being together. But yes I have been just friends with attractive girls.

• Romantically yes simply being hot doesn't mean i want to date you, we (yes we, all men) will still always want to have sex with her.

• Oh yeah, got a lot of them... but then one of them gets the courage to ask me out and I Friendzone the fk outta them cuz I'm a heart breaker Ash Ketchum Style lol.

But seriously, yes I know too many, comes with the profession I guess.

• Yes I've been friends but you always fall for the girl :)

• Yes, but I always wanted to fuck her.

• Nope that doesn't happen with me

• One of my greatest friends is a girl. And she's married.

• Yes, many times.

• Nope, I either fucked them or wanted to fuck them.

• yea she looked good but we were just friends aha

• That's all I've ever been with an attractive girl ;)

• Yes, still am :)

• Some of my very best friends were, and still are - so sure

• I would never be friends with a female

• Yes, you can just be friends with an attractive girl. There are so many of them everywhere.

• no. girls dont want me as a friend.

• Just being an attractive looking girl doesn't get you more than guys who want another notch on their Colt, to show off.

• haha, yeah. It confuses them because they think every guy wants to get into their pants.

• Yes I have. In fact we are still friends and will never sleep together.

• No if she was I would have already have tried to ask her out instead of being friend zoned