Will you get into a relationship with someone even after knowing that you won't marry that person for sure?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I would because expectations might not line up and I think it'd ultimately lead to disappointment in one or both of the people. Some are into casual dating and they both know what they want... For people like that, I think it's fine.

I personally don't see the point in getting involved and emotionally invested in someone if I only plan on severing that connection though. Some people might find it easier, but I am not the type to take relationships lightly.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I would not. I think of dating as auditioning women for the role of leading lady in my life. If I know that she could never have that role, then any more time I spend with her delays my search for The One.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope. I don't see the point in a relationship where marriage isn't the goal, but that's just me. I don't do short term or temporary relationships.

• If there is a 0% chance of marrying him then no, it's a loss of time. But if there is a chance, even if it's not very big, I'm willing to take the risk.

• How do you know for sure?

What Guys Said 2

• Sure, why not? Won't just keep the other person in the dark about marriage prospects though :)

• Depends if she just wants sex, this has only happened with me a few times, most women seem to want marriage. If she wants to be married to me and i know I would not marry her I break up with her immediately when I come to that decision.