I've never had a boyfriend and it's making me upset and think I must be lesbian or something?

I'm 18, people always tell me I should do modelling and I'm really beautiful etc. However boys never EVER approach me? I only ever catch people and OLDER MEN (so annoying) staring at me. It's annoying because my friend gets all the attention from boys meanwhile I'm just left on the side. I feel like there must be a reason why boys don't approach me, and I'm not attracted to girls but not having a boyfriend is just making me think there's something wrong with my sexuality

Most Helpful Guy

• They feel that you are too good for them and you probably have a boyfriend already. They think it is a waste to even try. You should approach them instead

Most Helpful Girl

• This is exactly what happens when you are above average pretty. 99% of the attention you get is going to be unwanted, because it will be not coming from your target audience. It wears you down and discourages you from being more outgoing which is what you need to be to able to encourage the guys you do want, not these leering old pervs. It's like a catch 22. You'll need to find the courage to smile at and be friendly with guys you are interested in. Once you get past this, the desirable guys should be less intimidated. Your average looking friends aren't used to getting perved on constantly like you are so they don't suffer this shyness.

• This is a great way to think thank you! Guess I'll have to be a bit more outgoing if I can

• Beauty is sort of a curse if you aren't assertive.

What Guys Said 8

• Many guys don't approach a girl they don't know until she gives them sign of interest, even a small one.

• If guys don't approach you and get to know you, how would they know anything about your sexuality that would be offputting to them?

• There's nothing "wrong" with your sexuality, you're fine. Maybe your so pretty that's guys are too intimidated to approach you.

• thanks I hope so, also do you think finding a lesbian that looks like a boy attractive makes me gay?

• Okay good, I just don't think I would want to be bisexual it's not me. And usually in clubs like 20+ which is okay but I'm not interested in looking for boys around my own age. And like 50 year old men look at me

• So put up a couple of pictures of yourself along with voting buttons and ask for a rating. That will clear up any confusion about how good looking you are. Then examine yourself. What are you looking for in a man. What kind of relationship do you want. Understanding these things will help you understand how to get the kind of attention and man that will make you happy.

• WHY DON'T YOU APPROACH MEN?

Women constantly talk about being treated equally but still expect men to make the first move and then women want to be taken seriously in the workforce.

• Id have to see you

• maybe ur just not trying.

• If you dont mind... Can we b gud frnds?

• There to scared

What Girls Said 5

• First off, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you! Now I can't say exactly why you haven't been with anyone yet, but personally I think it's because you haven't found the right guy yet. Or maybe you're so beautiful guys don't know how to approach you? ;) My advice, try and get to know some guys you go to school or work with, show them who you are, and maybe ask them yourself. Either way just be happy, your time will come! Just keep smiling and always be happy!

• maybe you dont know how to flirt or you have a bad personality.
    really you have to have a come over and talk to me warm caring aura about you. espesially because you are pretty guys fear you. you are the scariest thing in the world to them.

i suggest you do some flirting practice. trying going to a mall or a house party. accidentally bump into a guy you think is cute. say omg im so sorry! wait you look fammiliar did you go to blank bank jr high? no? huh? try asking another question either anout the clothes he's wearing or whatever like seriously if you are pretty and and you are smiling he will be happy to talk to you. and best thing about it being a mall is that no one is there to judge you. no one will care you are doing it.

remember just try to be calm and think happy thoughts while doing this. usually a guy will ask you for contact info because they liked the feeling you gave them (warm and caring) and they want more of that

• I'm 19 and I never dated until recently. Dating doesn't correlate to your level of attractiveness, it's not a linear function.

When I was in high school, I remember most boys dated just to have some fun, kiss the girls here and there, so they would date girls who have the same intentions most of the time.
    I wasn't really into that so I only got "romantically" approached a few times only, I never engaged in a relationship cause I only cared about my academics and friendships mostly. Everyone knew that about me so they wouldn't try to mess with me lmao.

• Girls who use terms like "linear function" to relate dating and attractiveness are insanely hot. I'm not joking, nor am I coming onto you, I'm just saying.

• Tell your boyfriend he's lucky.

• @Intraluminal That's so nice of you, thank you! Will do :D

• they probably think someone as beautiful as you say you are is taken. start being more approachable and open

• If you're not attracted to girls then you're obviously straight.