How old is to old?

So I'm almost 18, and thinking of dating or hooking up with my 25 year old guy friend. He's been flirting with me for a few weeks now, and I really like him. I'm not sure how we would work with the age gap though. Is an 8 year age gap accaptable?

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose it could be. However, since he is at least 21 years of age, he can go to bars but you can't. I don't know if he's weak against temptation, but if he is, you may have trouble with him. Maybe wait until you turn 21 also?

• Thank you very much for the MHGO. Just remember, it's only about 4 years from now. You'd be 21 and he'd be 29. That's still a bit of an age difference, but still acceptable. If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. If it's not, then it's not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm close to your age, and I was talking to a 22 year old for a while (I know, a bit gross). It seems great and exciting to have an older boyfriend, but it honestly sucks. There's so much that they've gone through that you haven't--namely, college. He's out of college and has a real job (hopefully). He has a lot more knowledge than you, is that much more mature than you. You can never have a conversation without feeling just a little bit stupid, no matter how smart you are. It begins to feel like you're a child being taught things instead of a couple learning together. Keep him as a friend, and if it's meant to be, try it out later. But for now try to stick to boys who have the same experience as you, it'll be much more fulfilling for you both.

• Thing is, we met in college. I'm taking classes at one of the colleges near my house, and we ended up having classes together. I get what you're tring to say though, and I really appreciate it. ☺

What Guys Said 6

• It can work. Besides, at 25, he's got money or at least he should have a career. Who is he going to spend it on? You, maybe.

• I think ten years and under is OK.

• Almost 18? If you are still in high school then he's too old and should not be trying to date you. If you are out of school then maybe not but you need to be careful with your heart. Many women your age have fallen in love with an older guy, found themselves pregnant, and then found that their 20-something guy has the maturity of a 16-year-old. Most 25-year-old guys do not date school girls.

• As long as your parents dont have a problem with it

• Just wait til your 18 and it's cool

• i its fine think

What Girls Said 0